Tascam US-144
Djbisar Djbisar
Published on 03/14/07 at 03:24
It is mainly the price, I admit not having much canvassed before buying this sound card.

I would put 8 because despite the flaws I will mention afterwards it is very convenient to live the example

The installation is rather Bisara, in fact I do not understand exactly why we must reconnect the USB disconnect 2 times this sound card. now I signal another problem:

A few days ago, my sound card has to start messing around, I had cut one to two seconds every 2 minutes. Unbearable to watch a movie for example, or to make music. I think it would be a virus so I reformatted 1 hour and a half ago. when reinstalling the drivers, after connecting, reconnecting disconnected my card, my computer gives me a warm boot very worrying.

Edit: I finally understood the problem, it is a conflict between a bad drivers I installed for the onboard sound card of my motherboard, it says it's more like violent conflict.

GETTING STARTED

The only application that is used relatively successfully for this sound card is Cubase.
synchronization noon is lamentable and shifts the preamps are pretty bad.

something else I have two friends who have made the same purchase as I do. we all had a hardware problem with the sound card began with a preamp that has dropped on the XLR mic input right. I have a problem with the LED light level as soon as it produces a click. ie as soon as I exceed a level with the entry when recording I have a clip. I would do no such purchase

+ Very convenient to adjust
+ Not too expensive

-Quality materials
I have this sound card for 6 months and this is the first external sound card I buy. I, however, access to well equipped studios and know fairly well what kind of product. so I think my opinion is reliable. I would do not elect