Epiphone 1967 Flying V
Epiphone 1967 Flying V

1967 Flying V, V/XPL/FB Shaped Guitar from Epiphone in the Flying V series.

Pauloscorps 11/18/2008

Epiphone 1967 Flying V : Pauloscorps's user review

• Partager
Characteristics have been said above.

Handle very nice, although it's not the highway, because there is almost no varnish.
Access to acute obviously is great with this V-shape
It stings the nose a lot, but with a good leather strap that hangs the clothes here goes. I find it very light compared to my Cort Zenox 42.
The sound, a disaster! See below

Purchased at the base to play the Hard-Rock (the skyscraper to Mr. Schenker anyway) I was terribly disappointed.
The pickups are really pathetic, as their aesthetics (black tape) by their sound. They are terribly rough, can not find something drinkable, though I play a very versatile amp, a Roland Cube 30.
If you buy it, you really predict a change of pickups Now, for my part, I turned to EMG, and there it sounds!

I use it for almost a year.

Pros:
- Magnificent skyscraper a very good finish
- Access to acute
- The class xD

Cons:
- The pickups definitely
- It stings the nose

Having tested a lot of guitars, I must admit I was very disappointed with the pickups, but after they change, we begin to love this beast with all our heart.

Value for money: 7 / 10 as many competitors are much better for the price (eg Cort).

I think I will take a few, yes, that was my little dream, but this time I would not wait nine months before changing the pickups.