[NAMM] Spectrasonics introduces Omnisphere 2
At Audiofanzine, we’ve been waiting for news from Spectrasonics for more than a year, but we can say tonight that it was worth it…
Spectrasonics has finally released version 2 of its popular Omnisphere virtual synth and sampler, an upgrade with loads of new features and sounds:
- Audio Import - Use your own audio file as a soundsource in Omnisphere
- Over 400 New DSP Waveforms for the Synth Oscillator - an increase of 100X
- Wavetable Synthesis - Each Waveform is now a Morphing Wavetable
- Powerful New Granular Synthesis algorithm
- Deeper FM/Ring Mod capabilities for aggressive timbres
- 8 New Filter Types - New Power Filters, Vowel, Resonators
- New Unison Drift models Analog Polysynth behavior
- Expanded Modulation with new sources and many more targets
- Polyphonic LFO and Modulation Envelope options
- Soundsource Reversing
- Now includes over 10,000 sounds with more than 3,000 New patches and soundsources from acclaimed Spectrasonics Sound Design Team, new Omnisphere EDM library with cutting-edge, modern sounds, new Exclusive Soundsources from Diego Stocco's Custom Built Instruments, new category of Phrase-based Soundsources for granular synthesis, hundreds of new Circuit Bent Soundsources, many Innovative new Psychoacoustic Soundsources, new Melodic Cave Stalactites Soundsources, etc.
- New Interface with redesigned Wider User Interface with many improvements, new Show Modulation pane opens modulation routings/sources on left side, new Mini-Browser available at all times, larger Full Browser Design
- Sound Match™ feature instantly locates any related sounds in the library
- Sound Lock™ allows endless useful variations by locking sound aspects while you browse
- Easy Sound/Project Sharing for collaborators and third party libraries
- Greatly Improved sound organization system
- Fast Progressive Loading allows rapid auditioning
- Browse Patches by Mood
- Expanded Genres
- Browse by Oscillator type
- Boolean search options
- New Arpeggiator Features: note transposition for step seq-style patterns, arp pattern lock while browsing, speed Offset control allows slow down/speed up effects, new modulation capabilities
- 25 New FX Units: Innerspace, Quad Resonator, Thriftshop Speaker, Classic Twin, Bassman, Hi-Wattage, Rock Stack, Brit-Vox, Boutique, San-Z-Amp, Stompbox Modeler, Metalzone Distortion, Toxic Smasher, Foxxy Fuzz, Analog Phaser, Analog Flanger, Analog Chorus, Analog Vibrato, Solina Ensemble, Vintage Tremolo, Envelope Filter, Crying Wah, Stomp-Comp, Precision Compressor and Studio 2-Band EQ
- 16 FX units per patch
- Full matrix modulation of every FX slot
- New Aux FX rack per patch with Pre/Post fader sends
- Hundreds of New FX Presets and Racks
- Lock FX while browsing
- Live Mode with key splits
- Enhanced Orb with Attractor mode
- Tweak Trilian Custom Controls Interface inside Omnisphere
- Global Clock Speed (Halftime, Doubletime, etc)
Omnisphere 2 will be available in April for the price of $499 / $399. If you purchased Omnisphere 1 after October, 2014 and until May, 2015, the upgrade will be free (available from April 30th). Older owners of v1 will pay $249 or $199 if they also own Trilian and Stylus RMX. More info at www.spectrasonics.net.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM][VIDEO] 4 iRig new products The IK Multimedia booth will be the place to be at NAMM 2015 and, like every year, we met Star for a presentation of the iRig new products.
- [NAMM] Roland Super UA audio interface Roland introduces at NAMM 2015 a compact USB audio interface that supports 1-bit DSD high resolution audio.
- [NAMM] Bitwig Studio soon in v1.2 The Bitwig team will be at NAMM 2015 in Anaheim this week to introduce update v1.2 for its Bitwig Studio DAW.