Yamaha MOTIF XS7
Yamaha MOTIF XS7

Workstation from Yamaha belonging to the MOTIF series.

nikorg nikorg
Published on 08/06/08 at 04:50
The technical specifications are impressive which makes the unlimited possibilities in teme of play, edition and sound quality.
It is a machine "all in one" that can both act as arranger, synth and sampler, a brief Workstation is complete.

The use is quite intuitive, the pots of effect modification in real time are trs apprciables, the screen is rotten, the menus and sub menus are not ergonomic, the manual is super boring to read . It is a machine that requires users intellectual investment in some detail (well I can be a little dork too ..).
Pleasure proves that relentless play on some limited investment, we are content and performences sounds that fill much fun playing it.

I bought it especially for sound and I do not regret. I had a Tyrros2, PA1X a pro, a Ketron SD1, a module nordelectro2 ... and it's over in terms of sound (even removing the novelty effect).
The pianos are OK, organs are rich Varis and there are enough to find happiness, pianos are lctriques FA BU Leux, I expected a little better at the PADS, guitars are the height, and the BRASS SAX are quite ralistes compared Tyrros joint function, he Exceeds.
The effects are numerous and IMMEDIATE produce the desired effect (unlike Tyrros2 or insertion of an effect over placebo effect than anything else).
The keyboard is excellent and well rpond trs (again from that of tyrros which is closer to the touch "Bontempi").
The configuration is idalie 71 keys.

I've had three months, it is IDAL for group play or live and accessories quickly go TRS with him.
It is a bit heavy transport, the look is not trs design but I do not really regret it. I do not think by changing a long time.