Yamaha MOTIF XS7
Yamaha MOTIF XS7

Workstation from Yamaha belonging to the MOTIF series.

baumy67 baumy67
Published on 04/13/07 at 03:21
See the website yamaha CONCERE characteristics Motif XS7!

I just got it, I give you below my first impressions!

Reason XS7 configuration is much simpler than the pattern or MO because the screen is finally larger, color and light. So, editing is easier navigation as well. One can easily search by style in a lite box. The eight faders can intuitively control parameters, very convenient.

Finally, a keyboard with seven octaves is a good compromise!

One regret: the toothed wheel is not enough for my taste, are often made too quickly, the wheel is not accurate enough.

The grounds are amazing (especially for people who are looking for techno and trance styles, such as a can RM1X at the time, but this time with the pitch control on the keyboard). Many effects of high quality.

The acoustic sounds are good (especially wind instruments and electric pianos), but big disappointment for the acoustic piano, it is not (by far) the piano sound found on the Roland SRX.

We must therefore choose this keyboard for its performances "cause" a bit like an arranger, but a little more acoustic oriented but mostly electronic music.

I use it only for one day, so I am far from having been around and my opinion may change with time as new discoveries.

I hesitated before buying the new Korg, I discovered the show in Frankfurt. But according to the demo of the show, the Korg seems to impose democratic but in reality to make music, it seems more limited (progression arpeggios with height adjustment by moving from one pad to another and not using the keyboard: a rather DJ a musician! It loads the system Karma, which is great but difficult to use). While the Motif XS is more oriented musician with recognition agreements, arpeggios very much worked.