Yamaha MOTIF XS7
Yamaha MOTIF XS7

Workstation from Yamaha belonging to the MOTIF series.

iob27 iob27
Published on 07/05/08 at 20:52
76 Notes version is more adapted to the sounds available, version 88 is really too large and too heavy, it&#39;s a shame.
Too bad the memory must be added, I put the max, 1GB is more than ncessaire and not too expensive.
T says it all, but I would add that the filters are quite well done and Varis, but it is mostly the effects are good and sound good trs.
Otherwise, trs CHARACTERISTICS are classic and the "Expended articulation" is new, but Yamaha has existed for over 15 years, for example all the Ensoniq sampler (EPS, EPS16, ASR10).
Moreover cot sampler, the features are trs limits and standards for: a single loop, no algo aid loop, no sound APRS loop, no d placement of the closure as TRANSWAVE. I think it&#39;s a marketing choice because it is not difficult to establish a modern machine as it exists on the Ensoniq dating back 15 years.

Cot more: squenceur with its function and squenceur Motif classic, mLan I installed but not yet test the 4 arpges, one could say only 4! because there are more of a PSR bte (I PSR2100), or the Tyros (horrible plastic box but super arranger), AIM Yamaha I would have put a few more features arranger this machine: it&#39;s about soft, the hardware is more than capable ....

The catch: yes it is in color and large, I wonder how did the other to use the original pattern and the ES as a notch on this type of machine is essential, against the quality is dplorable : a scandal for a synth of this price! The viewing angle is limited trs low contrast, brief low-end of trs, dplorable, and far from what is done on a single PC screen (eg Samsung), or any LCD TV, or any softphone (Nokia or iPhone screen). In short I wonder what the manufacturer refourg stock notches color technology of the 90s Yamaha ... I wonder if we could not find a way to change it ..
Among the regrets: given that the system is Linux based and is close to a PC, it would not cot much more expensive to add a notch out .. I always ask more ...

No more expansion card hard: damage so even if I personally MODELS old synth that I do not care a bit.
However, I have a small card apprci FM synthse for me is the most "alive" (set apart from the physical MODEL), the samples FM (DX), make pales by Report of the true FM. In fact on this machine, the only real part synthse are the filters, the rest is just good trs samples.

Is it simple?

Not at all! As they say, is a "gas factory".

Unlike what others say, the grip is not easy because some dtails are not logical. For example, the "Enter" key could be used to enter the names but not is another key.
We lost a little in all those menus and submenus, and the identical design of all pages does not help much.

The manual may be too short (as usual with Yamaha as one of the worst FS1R), and you have to go on the Web, or better express to understand the logic of ingnieurs from Yamaha. I note they have done a little work with practical examples, but it becomes ds technique (eg use of mLan), there is almost no info, just the list of functions without explanation! Fortunately there is the Web!

The keyboard: trs well and I got above average as I know, the worst as those of the Yamaha PSR SERIES.

Ha: while it is there no picture: even if the hard is not original, same view is set back from all that has made 30 t of synthetic to the samples and are squence imbalances.
It is a machine to impress the non-musicians (!), But also full of inspiration as the samples are good and Varis.
BMOL A: There are not many good sounds like analog, but this should not be hard to schedule

I use it for 1 month.
I do not regret my purchase (quite the contrary), I no longer use the pattern (for now).
Overall it is trs "musical" and that&#39;s what we want a synth.
Sure, it&#39;s a "bte" reader samples and is below a complete Sampler, but the samples ditants PC should overcome this default. I also believe that it is a machine-like "ready play" and few players will make the programming of sounds a bit like all the Yamaha machines (which can t get a good sound on an FM-type SY DX ????).
Functions mmorisation configurations are trs compltes: it&#39;s also a live keyboard. There are some good tips as safeguarding the sound with the squence.
I still spend quite some time before being comfortable.

Single large default: it is too expensive!