1/344
M-Audio Axiom 25

25-Key MIDI Keyboard from M-Audio belonging to the Axiom series

Thread Axiom 25

• 36 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 5 followers
1 Axiom 25
I just bought a used like new axium 25. I have no idea what to do with it. I am totally ignorant in this feild. I'm also trying to learn Propeller Head Reason 3 and Cubase se 3 but I've been able to find in depth manuals, books, dvd's, and tutorials for these programs. I found a book " The Idiots Guide To Cubase". I have downloaded the manual for the axium but it really isn't written to a beginner like me. It's completely over my head. I can turn on the axium and stare at it not having a clue what the words written on it mean. I have to start somewhere sometime but need more training resources to get started. Are there any tutorials, books (I looked but couldn't find any), dvd's. etc. out there?
xaatr :??:
Xaatr
Show first post
Do you mean how to get it to play ableton, and not vice versa?
Are there more than the one manual (downloadable pdf) for axiom 25
Xaatr
I don't think so. why would you want more than one?
I thought there might be one that's a little easier for me to understand. Like the reason 4.0 manual. I'm still trying to assign my 8 axiom encoders to my reason subtracter. I've been getting some info from the reason manual which is pretty step by step but I'm not getting the results that I should. I just downloaded Midi-ox. I'm trying to learn how to use it. Perhaps this program will help me find the problem.
Xaatr
What do you think of midi-Ox, and how did you hear about it?
Okay kon-tiki i have another possibly more challenging "adventure" for you
i am completely new to the subject of midi. i have dabbled with ableton and several other software and have found ableton to be the best for me and what i want to do.
i have just purchased my m-audio axiom 25 and its on the way in the mail. for now i plan to just mess around with the included software which i believe is ableton live lite 5 or 6
do you have any advice or tips to get started?
Well, maybe you shouldn't worry about the specifics of Midi. Just try to understand that your axiom is a "controller", it doesn't have any sounds of its own inside of it. it just controls (like your computer keyboard/keypad or mouse, even).

So basically with that in mind, your axiom needs something to control. in this case it will be Ableton Live, and more specifically, elements within Live.

If you can control and/or play the elements you want, then you really don't need to know anything more about midi, unless you want to maybe do more advanced stuff.

Generally, these days, things have been simplified quite a bit. it's usually the highlighted element (the one you last clicked on) that will be controlled. This way you just click on the thing you want to control.

So really the only tricky thing might be configuring your axiom in the beginning. But i guess if you follow the instructions, and your the least bit familiar with computers, it should be easy.

Let me know how it goes...