< Tous les avis Taylor 214ce
Taylor 214ce
Taylor 214ce
Cyrpé Cyrpé

«  The little creature who is not afraid of anything »

Published on 01/31/13 at 01:24
I would first like to say that this guitar was made in Mexico, not the USA (only from series 3). But after long consideration, I have seen no default. For specifications, a small recap, quickly:
- Solid Sitka spruce top.
- Back and sides Indian rosewood satin
- Mahogany.
- Ebony Button
- Binding on the table.
- X Barage
- Mechanical oil bath, chrome.
- Rosette inlaid.
- Comes with semi-rigid case.
The electronics are Taylor brand and meets quite well the sound of the guitar is really good stuff, simpler than the fishman and both my taste.

The first time I tried it, I was struck by the playing comfort and versatility.
Are accessed without acute problem, the sustain is good, very balanced weight and I find it extremely lightweight for its size.
To clarify this point, I would add that it is well between a triple 0 type and jumbo Martin. I think that's what gives it roundness in his so special.
When the sound ... I'll be right!

Aaah it's a real treat, a pure delight. I have long scoured the forums and stores. So yes, this is not the mahogany and blah blah blah ... But what I wanted was initially versatility, and even though the series 3 and 4 of the manufacturer and the Martins are great guitars (and I hesitated with their GT model 000-16) , so I decided it is its price of course, and feel the beast fits without problem all my playing styles
I said that the sound I is large, (mostly blues with Clapton, R. Johnson, JL Hooker, E Bibb, Poppa Chubby, etc. ..) but also Dylan through the Innocents, Black Desire, Brassens, Renaud Bob marley etc. ..
Tested on a Roland AC60 store, makes it sound great on my Ibanez Troubadour T20.
The sound is round, crisp and ... surprisingly powerful. Amplification ES-Taylor is damn efficient with the ability to switch between two different sensors.

I use it for 2 days (for at least 3 hours per day)
before cracking, I tried takamines, 2 martins (000-16GT, omc1e), an Ibanez and Tanglewood. All these manufacturers have qualities and do not forget that, like art lovers, taste in sound is first very subjective, so I will not say wrong. For my part, I find that Taylor has a unique sound and a handle really accessible.
I appreciate that it is delivered in semi-rigid case, it is available for this range of guitar (and the same quality, cheaper than Martin).
Voila, after 10 years of small scenes, oxen, evenings, répets with the good old Epiphone Pr 100 (which ages very well by the way), I really feel like starting from scratch with this pretty little beast not afraid of anything and is a tribute to my ears.

I would notice this in a few months if I find something new, but for now, yes, I would do this choice without hesitation for about ;)