Elixir Strings Nanoweb Coating Bass Nickel Plated

« These will definitely cut through the mix »

Publié le 10/03/15 à 11:25
Value For Money : Correct
Audience: Anyone
I've played coated strings in the past. They had this thick coating that looked and felt like they had been dipped in plastic. I could hardly tell there was a coating at all on the Elixir Nanoweb strings. The coating didn't make them feel much different from regular uncoated round wound strings. Finger noise was significantly less noticeable with these string. Which I consider a plus.
These strings are long. I don't usually clip my strings when I'm putting them on. Had to take off a good 6 inches with these guys and I still had a lot left over.
I was surprised by how bright these strings sounded. I expected them to sound duller. These strings have a lot of top end and mids. Not so much of the lows. The tone of these strings I would describe as aggressive and would do really well with a player that has to compete with a couple of loud guitars to be heard. I had a hard time dialing in a mellow tone with the Elixir's.
I think these strings are pretty good. They feel pretty good. Fast but not slippery. I expect that because of the coating the tone will remain consistent for a long time.