Enlarge
Add this product to
  • My former gear
  • My current gear
  • My wishlist
Korg D-1600
Images
1/73

Thread Newbie here w/ a D-1600 question?

• 6 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Newbie here w/ a D-1600 question?
........I hope all is well for everyone.......I am an experienced musician(30yrs-guitarist) that just purchased a vintage D-1600......I have successfully printed a couple of CDs however on my current song, after "bouncing" to 1/2, I repeatedly receive a "getting CD imformation" window.....my D1600 freezes up at this point and I am forced to reboot...Thank goodness my audio tracks are retrievable, however it is quite frustrating to have to bring everything back to their original levels ( EQ-Effects),,,,,,Best wishes and any advice would be greatly appreciated........Steve
Sorry for the silly question, but do you need the manual?

http://www.korg.co.uk/korg2003/downloads/d1600dl.htm
......Thank you for the reply and no , not a silly question at all....I have successfully burned two CDs already however this one has me perplexed.....when I reboot, the original audio tracks are intact however a post track is deleted.....my manual does not have an error msg that indicates "searching for imformation".....This is the point at which the D1600 freezes up and I must reboot.....Again thank you and best wishes....
I have a couple more potentially silly questions:

• what do you mean by post track?
  • could the problem come from the CD your trying to record on? have you tried different ones? Or is it the machine that's freezing up by itself?
  • and do you have the original version or the mkII version of the D-1600?
Someone on the french version of this site said (for what it's worth): that if you have a problem with the cd burner and it's not recognizing cds, that you should disconnect it (the cd drive) and hook it up to a pc, and then play a couple audio cds on it, then reconnect it to your d-1600 and it should work.

and someone else said to take out the burner and clean the laser lense with a Q-tip and alcohol.
........I have the 2.14 V2 D1600........The "post track" that I referred to is the track that was recorded after rebooting......in any case Thor Heyerdale(sp)was one of my childhood heroes......I'm hoping to this evening connect my deck to a friends system and convert to midi and then send the imformation into his computer for post editing and CD finalization....thank you again.....
Let us know how it goes.

P.S. any friend of Thor's, is a friend of mine :bravo: