E-MU Planet Phatt
spritnoirr2 spritnoirr2
Publié le 02/25/10 à 06:46
Wech my mouth!
Although koi or Tavua?

We here in the presence of an early external sound modules dedicated to music as popular media when talking about the problem and its suburbs.

Built on the basis of the first EMU expendeurs all purple / blue clad. It is pretty cool in a rack cabinet with black and dull.
Good quality workmanship, attention to the metal plate twists easily because the ears of the racks is not mentioned in the body.

The electronics are very good ...
Nearly 15years after spending his time working long hours in a home studio and often filled with dust.

364 programs and 350 patches of his drum kit.
_Midi IN, OUT, THROUGH
_3 Stereo outputs!
_1 Headphone.
_ Simple effects (reverb, among other things)
_ Only 8MB (good) sounds ...

The pros:
Level characteristics is like a block of flats the bare minimum.
Electronic sound level is like the cars of 90&#39;s sound.

The -:
Only 8MB of sounds (in 2010 is correct).
Welded rack ears that can twist.
7 / 10

In use, the plant will never Planet Phatt ...
And right across the computer is good!

The component is strong. The catch does not dessoudent. It&#39;s heavy poto!

The manual is readily available on the internet but not used much. MPC is connected to a single. Even need to turn the wheel through the settings MSB / LSB that is also easy to find.

Precisely on this wheel, although what is more robust than the models below (proteus, Audity ect), it remains with the arrows "" the only means to get around the issue very intuitive machine.

Brief for a novice in the world of sound as I was in 2005 things were very good but, as and when I discovered that the universe pro, you feel a little cramped.

It&#39;s a good bike for Apprentices.

With time be careful with the data dial, spare there.

In short it&#39;s configuration does not want to tear your eyes to make adjustments that could be interesting. Too bad ...

The pros:
Simplicity is a bit like his first car ... It is excellent to begin taking the road of his ... Later we want options ...
Robustness of reinforced concrete is as low blocks Tavua!
Reliability: you will not come by chance at EMU.
The -:
Simplicity: It is faster around and you do not want to get to the bottom of the machine.
Programming: HTML might almost seem more pleasant.
Arpeggiator missing: in 2010 ca missing.
The small screen: a thought for all MIOP ...

6 / 10

While there, I thought you just need my MPC and this module ...
If I were a producer of the 90&#39;s this would be the case.
Here is limited because the report has diversified.

Sounds that are in it are really comparable to those of mo-turbo Phatt Phatt and for having tried them both.
Say this is expendeur "brand mark" of Phatt.

I use it a lot because the bass is good and hot.
The next West Coast is fatal to the writer as Snoop Dog "What&#39;s my name" are quite possible.
Leads are justified and sounds are very good qualities.

Then his son to death digital.
Do not expect a EIII or S950. Nothing ... It&#39;s pretty neutral.
on the other hand it sounds very small.
It is sorely lacking in expansion and wealth in the sound spectrum.

Compared to Map HipHop Roland JV that it sounds strong, and massive groove.
Here are the color presets HipHop but lack Phatt ...

I like the old work so it does not bother me.
I sample the drum kit in my MPC 1000 and then I will return in my S950 or ASR10 and then claps monumentally.

But I must admit that this method was shorter than for enthusiasts who enjoy taking their time.
It&#39;s really disappointing. Although this sounds Rack 10 000 times more than analog and some other soft pluging where there really ... It&#39;s a shame.

The pros:
_ The real sounds rap / hiphop / soul / funk / R &#39;n B 90&#39;s of the Wutang and DJ Premier. Timbaland to go see the side of the Orbit 2 & 3 and Xtreme Lead.
_ Fair and customizable presets.
_ Lots of useful sounds.

The -:
_ Lack of potato and wealth: the name "Planet Rap" would have been more realistic than the fat.
_ The scratches are hardly usable components.
_ Too beat, rhythm kits in 2010 no longer need to download the old Taff.

For me 7 / 10
For the other 5.5 / 10

I use this module for over 5 years. It really helped me in my compositions. He is on several tracks on my albums. It sounds rap and does not crash. I intend to still keep it for a while.

However compared to the Roland or Korg is really below the level potatoes.
Korg Bass monstrous.
Roland has a rich sound amazingly accurate.
EMU is good value for money
At the time, it was innovative and the price is justified 1000Euros.

In 2005 I got a bargain by buying 125euros.
Today I think it is its price.

It is practical, simple and reliable, but suffers from the smallness of the EMU.
You should know why we buy it but it does not suffice alone.

I recommend it as practical tools.
Good machine for the Rap, very strong arm and useful but you still a good sampler to raise the level a bit ...
At the same time if you made hip hop, I think you need to be developed on that side ...
Simple and robust.