Roland D-20
Roland D-20

Digital Synth from Roland .

arnoldorodeo arnoldorodeo

«  Underrated »

Published on 03/16/13 at 00:27
Roland multi-timbral synth 61 keys. A workstation incorporating the synthesis PCM D-50 with an additional integrated sequencer and a drum machine (midi channel 10).
As an effects reverb and delay but alas no chorus. Keyboard touch agréable.Polyphonie 32 votes.

The manual was pretty clear and well done. I did not have a computer at the time so I developed all internal sounds in the synth.

I pulled the abilities of D-20 maximum. I know this synth really by heart. Let's be honest: This machine is less dynamic in terms of capacity and its big brother the D-50. However, I programmed sounds of hundreds of pads, synth bass, Rhodes piano, fx etc ... Unlike presets provided, the D-20 is capable of going the distance with some synths premium even if a chorus would been welcome to expand tablecloths or bass sounds.
Music purchased from Italy to the big time, great workstation that allowed the joys of the composition, save to disk or his arrangements sound just before the Atari ST only landed two or three years later with Cubase .. .

I can not really be objective about my opinion on this synth has a huge capital sympathy in my heart. That was when I discovered the sound synthesis, the magazine Keyboards proposed small paintings presets for DX7, D-50 ... Pop Music in France and England used the samples at all-will constantly pushing the boundaries of creativity and dreamed in future Alan Wilder or Eric Serra ... The good old days when Roland has influenced a whole generation of guys like me ptits with synthesizers.