Beyerdynamic Opus 89
Beyerdynamic Opus 89

Dynamic Microphone from Beyerdynamic belonging to the OPUS series.

shadowblink shadowblink
Published on 02/04/09 at 00:53
Micro vocals, dynamic, hypercardioid
Bandwidth: 35 - 18 000 Hz
(So ​​far nothing very original but wait later ^ ^)

I use it for 2 months

What I like most is his great strength Larcen, precision, response curve that can fit easily into the mix

What I like least: I would say the fragility of the cell (compared to an SM58 which is a real tank), so as not to everybody's hands, but if one cares There's no problem! Oh, also found near the store, Beyerdynamic mics are too little known for my taste.

Before buying it I tried: Shure SM58, Shure Beta 58 (competitor Shure) SENNHEISER E845 (not able to try the e945, which is the direct competitor Sennheiser).
I do not like too much Sennheiser dynamic so I hesitate with BETA58. Tried alone, the beta 58 is nice because in the very medium through against a mix there to play around with the EQ to bring out the song (in a rock band or playing it safe, for the folk acoustic that is less problematic I think).

Opus 89 "embellished" the least votes in the first listening, but is much more accurate in reality it is close to a static level made (accuracy and neutrality), without the disadvantages of condenser microphones => c ' is the microphone that has the best resistance Larcen I know, you win a pack of more decibels compared to Shure or Sennheiser (and God knows that the singers of rock bands will appreciate).

I paid 180 euros Thomann, a few dollars more than the BETA58 and same price as the e945. The value was excellent for me => the others are either expensive or it is not!

I do it again this choice without hesitation, for the first Larcen, it changes life can bring sound without fear for his ears and speakers. It does not transplanted ambient sounds (not want to re-sound with guitar / bass / drums with my microphone, as will a static).

In short almost a static quality sound without the drawbacks (phantom power, capture of birds and the washing machine ...)

It gives me the microphone singing ULTIMATE dynamic stage (each voice is different, for whatever against the voice, it's not necessarily Larcen plaisiiiir). It may also be appropriate in home studio for voice if you can not pay you a large static membrane correct.

I put 9 in the fragile compared to other even cheaper, but if you take care of your equipment do not hesitate to go for it!