Fender Classic '50s Precision Bass
Fender Classic '50s Precision Bass
Zerothe(bass)hero Zerothe(bass)hero

«  Be Cautious »

Publié le 04/02/11 à 02:25
Faced with an avalanche of praise, I feel I'm going to tear the mouth, m'enfin good, let's go.

I will not dwell on the spec that everyone knows. Just as mine has, under the pickguard, a circular trapping (why?) It is cheap for this price. No paint or graphite copper cavities is more than average. You can find it on the Ibanez (yuck) or Cort.

Two of the pickguard screws were installed wrong. Say what you want, but on a babasse at this price, it sucks. You will not see it that Fender. Despite my attachment to the brand (all bass players I like play there on it), Fender abusing her fame to sell beats sloppy.

Good point: Vintage high quality fittings.

The sleeve measures 44.5 mm at the nut and it's a piece of maple. In other words, no shred bassist. But do not buy it for Preci.

We obtain easily the Preci, for sure, but with an output level worthy of a ukulele Stagg filled with glass wool. I have a JB equipped with Seymour and an old-made Matsumoku 30 who come over potatoes.

The violin, this says is impeccable. Paints & varnishes are impeccable.

However, beware of the monster race (although flat and playable anyway) and the heavy weight (4200 grams anyway)

Sounds, there are 2. Knob closed to bottom: low muffled bass worthy but difficult to get out of the mix. Need to push the amp.

Knob tone open: slappable (even if it is not his favorite), it does better in the mix group but at the expense of serious running out of steam when we play at the top of the handle.

I say okay, but nothing more, always under the price.

I use it for a few months and I am fairly disappointed with the investment. Like many old rockers, my ambition to finally have a babasse hit the "F" from Fender. For this, I am relieved of 2 Vintage Modified Squiers (JB while the maple and the Ramones kind PB) equipped with Duncan Designed a small combo and a very nice multi Boss.

What a mistake! My Squier was well worth the PB, in terms of price. She was behind that for the violin (well put less paint, varnish shy) but not in terms of sound.

With experience, I will not repeat THIS Fender Mex but a less expensive upgrade with a microphone, or even a Squier ...
Frankly, for 700 euros or almost, if you are not addicted to "F", there are G & L (Leo), the St. Blues, or even ESP-Vintage (400 roros) that are built more seriously, even Ibanez of the eighties.

I'm a little disgusted. Behind the label "Classic" was mainly an instrument rather poorly done, especially the body ... Sic. To draw a parallel with an opinion on the PB Sting in the pickguard which there is also a router useless. Ugh!

Fender should make his body PB and practice all possible routers come with the mask then the pickguard ...

The + + +
- The quality of paint, varnish flawless round.
- Gold plate anodized, solid, which is more resistant to the plectrum and nails than plastic.
- The look, the original spirit Fender PB.
- Mike, very accurate.
- The bridge & the Mecas Vintage, beautiful and effective.

The - - -
- The body with multiple routers and live poorly posed.
- The pick handle
- The microphone is missing potato.
- The setting of the handle that can be done by unscrewing the handle.

Counsel, if I may: acquire around 450 and then placing a microphone worthy of the name to suit your tastes (I'm addicted Duncan) and shielding cavities. Biftons 3 or 4, whatever. Passage in the luthier for setup and roll my chicken.