Fender Classic '50s Precision Bass
Fender Classic '50s Precision Bass
steeven vénère steeven vénère

« Trè good bass »

Published on 02/23/12 at 04:12

here for the features, while a precision that is more basic, large handle, micro precision, two knobs (volume + tone), ect ...
Beware though the mechanical inverted

This bass will not suit everyone because of its handle very large (more than 4cm at nut, hard for small hands), that said, the neck is very well done, the frets are fine but no hooks requiere a little precision in the game right hand, slide the handle painted well (key maple and the back of the neck), the junction body / neck gene in some acute because of the heel pretty huge, but it can be ave manage the habit.

The ergonomics are very good, the contours of the body are perfect (as on all such detail, the body is like the stratocaster). Whether sat, bass near the armpits or knees, she calle well have provided a good strap.
The weight is fairly standard in light of other fender precisions (heavier than a ibanez, unless a music man).

The acostillage could not be more basic, the easel holds the road well, the mechanics take the lashing admirably (be careful though to reverse mechanical, a bit confusing at first).

For sound, nothing more basic, volume up, tone background for clarity, to zero for a deeper sound.

Sound level, even my mother who does not know anything found this beautiful low compared to my Ibanez GSR200 (at the same time we go straight into the range above).
A bass that sends pretty well in the midrange (I often talk about mediums I think, for me, a lot of bass players neglect to profit mediums bass and treble), it is also very effective in all registers of the sound spectrum provided one knows settle his amps, but is still typical old school because of mediums that look good.

Level amplification, repeats in live I use an ampeg head pro svt3 us coupled to a cabinet with a Hartke 410vx big muff electro harmonix still active, while at noon, enclanché bright, mid-bottom, I get the sound that I must, and dance very effective (it is 3 and when the scratch is launching a solo metalheads, you&#39;d better have a sound that sends to overcome the lack of second guitar and it does not lose power in the overall sound), if I test other amps, a Hartke combo with aluminum cone, Berhinger (also aluminum cone), two bodies bugera, Genz Benz, live on the sound, the sound is always correct (ok, it depends on the amp, it lacks dynamics and low on Berhinger is cold on the Hartke, but the sound is more or less safe), the bass gives off a rather warm with its EQ flat, either with a pick or finger, she also defends slap, although I think it&#39;s not his area of ​​prédiletion because of its thin frets.

Playing with the EQ, we can approach every style of music, big sound to play from metal to blues to dub and reaggae, this bass is very versatile, if mêm cce on a point many will prefer electronic active, but it is still a good bass in many musical fields, this is a point which is also the reputation in the precisions of fender.

I use regular (very regular, minimum 1 hour per day) since August 2010, it has never dropped, no glitch, a strength test at all, and I say this knowing, mine is more like Now a series of fender road worn as classic.

The color is beautiful in its sunburst and anodised aluminum plate (near gold), and it ages very well, watch the road worn, which is at the same low characteristics, just change the finish.

I tried countless low before I stop on this one (I do not remember any) but I can quote the bulk of the Ibanez ATK series, SR (with bartolini), the music man stingray, fender standard jazz bass and sharpness us, the active jazz, precision special (the one with a micro JB), Warwick corvette, Gibson Grabber, Cort Action and craftsman, Rickenbacker 4001, Epiphone thunderbird (acive that too), and my choice is stopped on the Fender Precision 50&#39;s, already because of its price (obtained for 800 € new), its sounds, the look "pass" but slamming, good violin worth of us in the series fender, and his personality.

Apart from the handle which is a sacred buche (which suits me very great), I have no complaints. Others probably find flaws, but I love this bass.

To conclude a very good bass without any problems worth the standard sets us at the violin and sounds at a much lower price, this little Mexican (which is rumored, will American violin making) is compared to its big sisters.

A choice to do again, except perhaps with a jazz bass with a handle seems easier to play as much end (well, by changing the pickups), or with a larger budget conscéquent, the dream of Rickenbacker or music man stingray, but here we go again in the range above.