Korg Ax1g
MGR/Anthony Johnson, Jr. - Sylvester, Georgia MGR/Anthony Johnson, Jr. - Sylvester, Georgia

« Korg AX1G »

Published on 12/10/02 at 15:00
I acquired this unit from Musician's Friend a while back for about $99 because I had just built my last guitar for that year and I needed a small processor to last me for a while.

I knew this thing had spunk when I took it out of the box. A cousin of mine had played Korg effects for a while and I fell in love with them through him. It has so many different combinations of effects and speaking of which, the reverbs & choruses in this li'l box simply melt you and your amp. It sounds even better going straight through the mixer or house PA. The distortions are right on the money!

The only thing I don't like is the display isn't backlit so you can't see what effect you're using when you're on a dark stage, but when you use it for a while you begin to memorize what you use the most with the color & number combinations it shows beside the expression pedal. So all in all thats the only bad thing about it, but like I said, all it takes is a little memorizing.

The unit has a small & unique construction to it which is great for me since I've played many different places. Easy to pack up and take with you in a suitcase or whatever case you may use for transporting effects pedals. Great quality all in all and I would reccommend to ANY style of player from beginner to advanced.

in summation....if you don't have one...GET ONE! haha! Every musician without one of these babies isn't a whole person, lol