Images
1/20
Reason Studios Reason 3.0

Thread Need Help W/ Reason 3.0...

• 4 replies
  • 5 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Need Help W/ Reason 3.0...
ok..... so, i'm new to all of this "digital Audio" world.......i'll admit it. I've been working with Roland Groove Gear (Hardwear) for many years.... Now i've upgraded to Reason 3.0. .... Now comes the question: In Reason, how do i use .wav files.... i've got a ton, and can't figure out what device to play them in, (i feel like a fool for having to ask)..... also, because i'm making hip hop, how do i make some REALLY good bass lines in reason, (nice hard hitting, bass lines the carry on) i assume using the matrix would be best....but i can't figure it out well enough to get what i'm looking for. .... i KNOW Reason can do EVERYTHING i what/need it to...... i just need some help on how to get started......also i have the new M-Audio Trigger Finger, (BAD ASS) ...... but if anyone knows a better way to utilize that piece of gear.....please also fill me in........Thanx for all of your time in adv. ... i hope i can find some answers here......

-Killa Sound Boy,
-Respeck!
well the thing with reason it has alot of different file types for samples. The only things .wav files can do on reason is become a redrum sample... so you're gon play it like it were on a drum machine.
The basslines are a bit tricky with Reason.. well for me kinda cuz im still fairly a beginner. I don't use the Matrix for bass... the Subtractor, Malstrom . NN19 and NNXT all have bass you can work with. I directly record MIDI tracks giving my bass lines a much more melodic feel...
You can do the same for melodies as well..
If you want to make .wav files into the sampler and synth sounds you need to use the Refill Packer.. which is a whole 'nother story on it's own I'm still trying to figure it out.

I hoped I helped in any way
you can load wav files into the nn19 sampler, click the file at the top in the middle of the nn19 sampler and there u av it. connect a matrix at the bottom or use the piano roll to lay down ur patterns.
hey Can anyone tell me wat the key mapping is for i am very new to all this and am working my round reason just like a bit of info thanks in advance
If you need Help with your music ideas and your using Reason try this site

http://www.starterbeatz.com