Images
1/20
Reason Studios Reason 3.0

Thread Reason 3 with MOTIF ES7?

• 4 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 Reason 3 with MOTIF ES7?
I was curious for a little while on whether I can use my MOTIF ES7 with Reason....
I have Reason 3, right now. I'm getting Reason 4 sometime next week, if all goes as planned.
But in the meantime, can anyone supply me with info regarding my question: Can I use a MOTIF ES7 with Reason 3?
"You should never be the smartest person in the room..."
Yes, you'll be able to pilot reason with the Motif ES7. But you won'tbe able to record the sounds of the Motif into reason. You'll need to use a sequencer like cubase, sonar, etc. for that
So I'd have to get (I prefer) Cubase to actually....live record stuff from my Motif? And use Reason to import the recording into a track??
I'm new to this whole recording thing, sorry for the retarded questions lol
it really depends. reason doesn't support audio apart from in it's samplers, which are really only designed for playin sampler instruments as there is no way of time stretching/compressing audio files to suit the tempo of your track, you can record the sounds into cubase from your motif and simply rewire reason with cubase to save yourself the bother of having to turn your motif into a sampler instrument. this would mean that for the tune you are working on you would have to save both files (reason and cubase) and similarly open both applications and files also. if you don't know how to use rewire, get back to me and i will explain it better.
I'm so thankful for all the help i recieved when i was starting out clueless. And now i want to pass it on. It really is a beautiful online community we producers have.
Sweet. Thanks everyone