or
Create an account

or

Thread HELP with Alesis QS8.2

• 4 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 0 follower
1 HELP with Alesis QS8.2
I have an alesis QS8.2 connected to a usb midisport running into dp.
Im having trouble getting the keyboard to respond to bank select messages.
Also, in mix mode, I cant seem to get the keyboard to transmit and recieve on all
16 channels in all banks.
HELP PLEASE
Im about to take a sledgehammer to this thing
thanks, I think I got it working (for the moment anyway) what really confused me was that I was treating each mix as a seperate patch and I couldnt understand why a keyboard wouldnt have all of its channels open all the time. But thank you, you have probably saved me some hours of frustration.
In page 14 of the Global settings (accessed by pressing Edit Select then Bank Right/Global), make sure that Midi Prog Sel is On.

For multitimbral operation, why not use the first patch in the user bank (the one named Multitmbrl) if you haven't overwritten your user bank. Alternatively, you can edit any user mix to be 16 part/channel multitibral by going to mix mode, then Edit Select followed by the 90 button. Page 1 should read Midi Input and it should be on for all 16 channels. You have to set each channel individually. Pressing 0-9 then 00-50 steps you through the 16 channels in the mix. Also, in the same mix edit mode, pressing button 60 will bring up the Prog Enable page; all 16 channels should be on for all 16 parts to be usable.

Best,
I have qs8-1 and have a question.
People are saying the keyboard has a tin sound and I would like to start editing.
Any ideas to get a more full bassy and mid sound?
Thanks
I can't get my brand new QS8.2 to work with my old MC-50 sequencer (old but still working) The drum tracks play back very weird musical notes. Besides using outdated equipment what am I doing wrong or, noy doing?