MOTU UltraLite mk3
MOTU UltraLite mk3

FireWire audio interface from MOTU belonging to the UltraLite series.

lta lta
Publié le 03/10/10 à 17:54
The number of input-output, phantom power, and brand reputation are key factors that motivated my purchase.

I use in my home studio but I had initially planned to use it to live in different styles of techno with aggressive hardware by side.

Like many brands these days, MOTU has succumbed to the temptation to provide a driver with huge lot (trop!) functionality, which gives a much broader, more complicated to maintain and test for the brand and therefore inevitably less stable.

At precisely the stability I was tremendously disappointed. I tested on different PCs for me, with the firewire chip recommends the mark either side of decent quality. In the best case, it does everything that crashed two days and in the meantime with regular small breaks in the sound by emitting a shrill sound. As developer, with skills in audio dev, I can usually run a proper gear that I buy.

Apparently it works much better on Mac, which seems to be the reference platform Motu, but I could not see.

These are not updated very often, and are not available under Linux, which is not usually a good sign for a manufacturer.

To summarize, driver rating, Motu trying to do too much and can not do: - / The mixer and the integrated effects are relevant and of good quality, but before that I just love the card is stable! RealTek and SoundBlaster drivers make better qualities!

Apart from stability problems, the card works fine when it remains within reasonable latencies (6-10 ms) can use all the tracks if I remember correctly

GETTING STARTED

Installation is easy, the configuration is usually simple and intuitive when one does not fall on the rare but troublesome gaps evident.

Again the interface is not supported on Linux, which I use regularly. It is a very bad practice from a manufacturer that ultimately did nothing very interesting to hide by hiding the specifications to develop one.

Otherwise I have not read the manual either wholly or carefully I did include it in the note.

I used six months before selling for RME (which has none of the defects of this interface, especially stability)

I'm going through a lot of models and lower midrange: M-Audio, Edirol, E-mu, Behringer has the opportunity and even Hercules.

I do not buy new equipment from MOTU.