Create an account

or

Thread Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen driver for Windows 10

• 1 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen driver for Windows 10
Hi.

I'm having mysterious audio issues while editing a film on Adobe Premiere Pro.
My audio interface is the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen.
I'm running Windows 10.

The issues have to do with crackling static in a scene that involves more audio tracks than usual, however nothing too crazy. The scene has 8 audio tracks with some basic effects (EQ, compression) applied. Nothing that should be too much to handle.

I'm in the process of trying to isolate the issue. So far I have focused on the Premiere Pro side of things, but haven't found the problem yet. Before I go into more time consuming tests with Premiere Pro, I thought maybe to check and make sure I have the most up-to-date driver for the Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen.

My currently installed driver version: 4.36.0.400

When I go to the Focusrite website and look up the driver for my device, it shows version: 4.36.5

CLR3cyX.png

In Windows, when I go to Device Manager > Focusrite Audio > Scarlett 2i2 USB > Right-click and select Update driver > Search automatically for updated driver
I get a message saying the driver I have installed is the most up-to-date.

My questions:

Does this mean I should ignore the fact that the driver available online seems to be more recent than what I have installed?

If you recommend downloading and installing version 4.36.5 manually, is there a short guide on how to do this? Do I need to first uninstall the current driver?

Thanks
*bump* :8O: