or
Create an account

or

Thread Basic use of Saffire pro 40

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Basic use of Saffire pro 40
Hi! I'm doing a few experiments where I need good sound quality. I am using a Saffire Pro 40. I already set up the audio output to Saffire pro 40 and connected the Headphones to it.
For this purpose, I only need to get good audio in the headphones. Do I need to do anything else? Just by connecting the audio interface I already hear the audio through it, but I don't know if I should do something else to enhance the sound quality (using the Saffire MixControl?)

Thanks in advance,
João Guerreiro
Hi João,

It sounds like you're up and running nicely.
If you are already hearing signal in your headphones, you're pretty much there. All that might be left to do is to perhaps play about with the sample rate within mix control, however as you move above 48khz, you will lose 4 outputs from your ADAT connection.
Depending on the impedance of your headphones, you may also want a headphone pre in front of your headphones, however this simply refers to volume as opposed to 'quality' in any case, although some relate one to the other.
You may, of course, need to consider the quality of your headphones as well, they will figure equally in your equation.

I hope the above helps, please feel free to contact us further with any other questions.

Simon
Focusrite Technical Support