or
Create an account

or

Thread Focusrite 6i6 2nd gen no sound at 192 kHz

• 3 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 Focusrite 6i6 2nd gen no sound at 192 kHz
My Focusrite 6i6 2nd gen have no sound at 192kHz... if switched to 196kHz or 176.4 kHz then the
focusrite control said " Mixer is disabled at this sample rate ..." anyone had this kind of problems??...pls help...

1996210.jpg

link video :
After trying different setup..finally got a sound form the 6i6 in 192kHz (also 176.4kHz) but without the MIX CONTROL!!!...
just route the Outputs setting (as seen of the picture attached)...i don't know if it normal or not?? because (as i read) no manual said that the 192 and 176.4 kHz cannot use with the MIX CONTROL and should treat differently in case of monitoring ???....
but for me just glad that i can used the high freq for recording a few parts of my instrument that need high resolution sound....

1997723.jpg

[ Post last edited on 10/17/2017 at 03:58:30 ]

Hey :)
I mean this was almost five years ago, but you actually helped me with the trick to not use "Custom Mix". Thanks :)
Also there's a controversial thing about anything above ~48kHz - Humans can actually only hear frequencies up to theoretically 22kHz which corresponds to 44kHz Sampling Rate. The only details, the high resolution of 192kHz captures on top of that, are frequencies which you already cannot possibly ever hear. I guess it has an audible effect on the performance on some very high-end processing plugins (and you can slow the file down and make higher frequencies audible for a fun effect), but I know of enough Audio Engineers worth their salt who always settle for 48kHz :)
Anyway thanks for helping me.
Cheers
It's been about another year and another user helped! I was getting really frustrated that everything would work except the higher bitrates. You saved the day! Thanks!