or
Create an account

or

Thread 18i20 endlessly clicks and resets. Cannot reach Focusrite support.

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 18i20 endlessly clicks and resets. Cannot reach Focusrite support.
I've recently had a painful experience with my Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd gen, which I purchased last April. And I cannot get Focusrite Support's attention after 4 days of trying.

The unit worked great until last week when it began resetting itself in an endless cycle. At this point it enters this resetting cycle even with nothing plugged in but a power cable. It just makes a clicking noise, the lock light goes out and it restarts. The power LED never goes out, though.

I've tried everything on their support pages and every internet forum I can find.

When plugged into a PC via USB it flashes a connection then resets after a few seconds. I've tried different PCs, cables, ports, uninstall/reinstall drivers, rollback Windows update...everything imaginable. It just sits and clicks.

I attempted to reach Focusrite by submitting an email through their site 4 days ago. Still no response.

I attempted to reach them by chat but it's closed even though they advertise 24/7 chat support.

I attempted to reach them by phone, was on hold for 25 minutes only to be pushed into a voicemail then hung up on before I could leave a message. I called back and left a message.

Does anyone know of any way to get the attention of someone at Focusrite? My production is dead in the water until I get this interface fixed. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

[ Post last edited on 01/22/2020 at 08:46:42 ]

This happened to me too! I reinstalled the drivers. But now I don't get system audio out, only audio in which is why I am here.