Create an account

or

Thread 18i20 MixControl Alternating Monitor Speakers

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 18i20 MixControl Alternating Monitor Speakers
Is this possible with the 18i20 and MixControl software:

Set up two(2) or more individual pair of monitor speakers, and then to be able to quickly switch from one pair to the other during, say, a mixdown session, in order to compare the mix on the different sets of speakers?

I've attempted this by sending line-out 3/4 to amp/speaker set A and line-out 5/6 to amp/speaker set B, but I only get as far as having sound sent to both pair of speakers simultaneously. I need to be able to select one pair, then the other, for comparison purposes.

Semi-Solved:
In MixControl, in the "Monitor Preset" section, I am very close to what I want (and it may very well have to suffice).

My 4 click Solution:
MixControl "Routing Preset" set to "DAW Tracking". Then, to switch between pairs of speakers, in "Monitor Preset" on lower right hand side, turn off Line outs 3/4 (click click) and turn on line outs 5/6 (click click).

That's four(4) clicks every time I switch from one pair to the other. I guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but if someone knows of a one-click way to alternate between pairs of line outs, lemme know. And to any Focusrite techs who may be lurking about, if this is as close as I can get, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know, so I won't keep beating my head against the wall.

BTW, I love my 18i20. And since the last update, things have been absolutely rock solid.

[ Post last edited on 05/31/2014 at 13:31:50 ]

Hi,

Thanks for the interest and glad you're loving your 18i20.

Currently, the quickest way to swap between two speaker pairs is exactly what you've discovered.
We've actually put in feature requests for a one click solution to monitor switching for Mix Control. Watch this space with future products.

Many thanks
Simon // Focusrite Technical Support