Ilya Smirnov

user offline
Ilya Smirnov
2 posts
New AFfiliate

31 Posted on 03/10/2017 at 09:20:19Direct link to this post
Hello

Recently purchased 2i2 gen2.
The computer and the card are always on.
After 5-30 hours, the sound starts popping.
This happens approximately for a period of 30 seconds, after which it is no longer possible to listen.
To fix it - take out and insert the cable from the card.

I tried the driver 4.15, beta 4.26.0.183.
I tried the USB 3, USB 2, external and embedded in the motherboard and USB 3 external with power supply.
Tried to change the USB cable.
No difference.

10 seconds example:
Crack.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3gQUxLbCRBgTjdhSFhJMTZ2cUE/view?usp=sharing

The same normal record.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3gQUxLbCRBgaG9qbC01TlNDUlU/view?usp=sharing

meeshaw

user offline
meeshaw
22 posts
New AFfiliate

32 Posted on 03/16/2017 at 03:24:29Direct link to this post
Hi Ilya,

this is a common problem with the newest driver. Talked mutliple time with the customer support.
Try the driver 3.2.2. for the Scarlett. These driver are from 2015 but it seems to fix this problem.
I'm using them too.

http://beta.focusrite.com/file.php?id=1196

[ Post last edited on 03/16/2017 at 03:43:22 ]

Ilya Smirnov

user offline
Ilya Smirnov
2 posts
New AFfiliate

33 Posted on 03/29/2017 at 16:19:49Direct link to this post
I tried 3.2.2
On external USB 2.0 - constant card reboots
On the built-in motherboard 2.0 - everything is fine, for 10 days already

Hooray! Thank you.

Kazimierz Kosciusko

user offline
Kazimierz Kosciusko
1 post
New AFfiliate

34 Posted on 05/27/2017 at 22:10:08Direct link to this post
just wanted to stop in with a real solution. I tried everything in this thread and elsewhere, and still got pops and clicks and stutters during playback. I experienced this on two different computers. I bought the scarlett interface to replace my Tascam us 144 mk2, because I wanted more inputs and outputs, and an on/off switch.

after trying everything I could, yes, everything in this thread and more, I decided to just disconnect the focusrite interface and use the Tascam. no more pops, no more clicks. no more stutters. I commend focusrite support for being active on these forums and trying to provide solutions, but the problem lies in the asio driver for the scarlett interfaces (this is an engineering problem, not a support problem).

the fact that, for two completely different computers, I can switch to an older, crappier interface with a different proprietary driver confirms that the problem is the focusrite asio driver, not any windows settings, bios or processor settings, or anything else. There are only two real solutions to this problem:

1. focusrite writes a new asio driver that resolves these issues
2. users bin their scarletts and buy a device that has a solid driver written for it

[ Post last edited on 05/27/2017 at 22:17:35 ]

PH BE

user offline
PH BE
1 post
New AFfiliate

35 Posted on 08/16/2017 at 23:01:05Direct link to this post
Hey. Is there a driver for 2i2 1st gen on Windows 10?

meeshaw

user offline
meeshaw
22 posts
New AFfiliate

36 Posted on 08/17/2017 at 02:29:04Direct link to this post
Yes, the newest driver is the 4.36.4 and it's also for the 2i2 1st and 2nd gen. Windows 10 is supported.

---
It solves the problem with the audio distortion after a period of time on my headphone/speakers.
The only problem I have right now (Windows 10 x64 - Desktop PC) is that the microhone input becomes distorted after some time while using TeamSpeak 3. Audio output (headphone/speaker) works well. I use Audacity to record music via ASIO but cannot reproduce it there. Teamspeak is using Direct Audio (Windows Audio Layer).
I don't get this behaviour with the 3.2.2 drivers so it seems that there is still some imrovement potential for the 4.36.4 Focusrite driver. My Focusrite driver settings are default.
Did someone experience the same or find a solution for it? Any usefull tips are much appreciated. Thank you.

Adrian Nica

user offline
Adrian Nica
1 post
New AFfiliate

37 Posted on 08/07/2019 at 15:36:59Direct link to this post
Hello.

I have a Scarlett 2i4 with the same problem, bought in 2018. Last time the "popping session" was about 30 seconds, I changed the usb port but still popped, changed again and again, until it suddently stopped.

Any solutions?

Than you

meeshaw

user offline
meeshaw
22 posts
New AFfiliate

38 Posted on 08/08/2019 at 01:21:11Direct link to this post
Imo its a driver issue. Even with the newest driver I still got some cracks while recording or in TeamSpeak. I tested so many things and checked the whole internet for a solution. It's better than before with the newest driver but it's still there. You can buy a new interface or maybe find another driver. I don't know if the 3.2.2 driver is working for the 2i4 series.
I personally use the 3.2.2 driver for the 2i2 interface and solo. Sometimes the mic input gets distorted after boot, then I have to replug the cable (or use a script to disable and enable the audio driver in the hardware manager). I would honestly buy another interface next time but for now this is a workaround for me.
Go back to top