Steinberg Cubase 5
Steinberg Cubase 5

General Sequencer from Steinberg belonging to the Cubase series.

Pat One Pat One
Published on 03/20/10 at 17:30
Installation without problem on XP and Windows 7 64 bitq.
Relatively easy setup when cubase know.
No incompatibility.
Manual clear and thick :).
I made several carefree updates (I 5.1.1)

ADQUATION / PERFORMANCE

PC Q9650, 8GB RAM, RME 9632 and Windows 7 64-bit, yes it is very stable, much more than XP because + of RAM available. The software works well but I find that the CPU meter in the red tape faster, oddly I could better latency in XP. I'm still working on large projects of 50 tracks (or very much) with lots of effects and VST. Let's say the freeze is my friend.

NOTICE GLOBAL

I use it for 2 months before I had cubase studio 4, I tried many software before including ProTools, Logic, Ableton Live ...

For now I am satisfied Cubase is a very comprehensive and rather simple software. I appreciates well on paramtrables keyboard shortcuts and macros (a can transform Cubase), the power of the south, the audio edition, the multitude of effects and functionalities rather good quality. Among the novelties of the V5 I like to beat designer and VariAudio.

What I like least is the bets that are slow days as usual at Steinberg, non-patched bugs, aberration in some features (Media bay, automation, windows ...)

The price quality ratio is good in view of the proposed cubase and competition.