Elektron Monomachine SFX60 MKII
Elektron Monomachine SFX60 MKII

Groove Machine from Elektron belonging to the Monomachine series.

pierrebou pierrebou

«  Last of the best »

Published on 03/04/13 at 08:36
Several synthesis engines are available for each track.
Modeling for the SID 8bit samples type battery Drum Machine SP12, FM, wave tables and speech dictation magical kind. Possibility of treating an external signal.
Effects on each track.
Oriented sequencer live (real-time transposition, p-locks) to put it all in rhythm.

The trademark is their Elektron sequencers.
the Monomachine no exception to the rule and it is very enjoyable: we start the beast live and work in the steps of the sequence by modulating any parameter. The little tremolo, everything is monaural.

I hesitated to buy it, I had the MD that I liked, was Elektron promotion: Octatrack between my heart and Monomachine swinging.
And I made the ... bad choice of MM: synthesis engines are really gadgets, I found myself using the SID that, a priori, I was not interested because it sounded ok but was a little light can issue. I do not really understand engines based on wavetables, finally I've used wavetables but just one cycle, I do not see much use, I think they also sound a little nag. Spell and speak about, it's fun to play with, ridiculous when trying to phonemes and once we had a good laugh, you stop using it.

Not a machine for me, I traded against a spectralis I kept even shorter!
Because of the Mono Machine, now I'm freaking the analog oven!
I love MD and OT, but the pure synthesis side in Elektron disappointed me.