Line 6 POD HD500X
+
Line 6 POD HD500X

POD HD500X, Guitar Amp Simulation Pedal from Line 6 in the POD Live series.

• Tweet
  • Submit
  • Email

Thoughts on the Line 6 POD HD500X?

AuthorsPosts

clinicallyguitarded

user offline
clinicallyguitarded
14 posts
New AFfiliate

1 Posted on 10/15/2014 at 07:16:41Direct link to this post
Has anyone messed with it or does anyone here own one? What do you think? Is it just another modeling multi-fx pedal? Or can you really get some cool tones off of it?

leroyjenkins

user offline
leroyjenkins
6 posts
New AFfiliate

2 Posted on 10/17/2014 at 05:46:57Direct link to this post
I get the hesitance with buying things like this, especially if you're a bit of a peddle hoarder like myself....

However, this POD was easily my favorite guitar-related purchase of all time. If it stopped working or I got robbed, I wouldn't hesitate to replace it right away. SO MUCH FUN when you learn to use it, but I admit it takes some practice and patience to master tone creation. Originally I thought downloading preset effects from others would offer a quick an easy way to get some cool, unique effects, but I actually didn't like the presets I found much. To get the most out of this bad boy you really have to create your own sound that matches your pickups and guitar.

cool cat

user offline
cool cat
5 posts
New AFfiliate

3 Posted on 10/17/2014 at 07:47:01Direct link to this post
I bought one for my son and he's been playing some really cool riffs with it. One thing that appeals to myself, personally, as a musician/engineer is its capabilities as an audio interface option as well.

If money is no option, I'm a bit of a purist and would splurge on high end amps and pedals. But for those starting out, on a budget, or who just want to try something new, this is really a nice, yet affordable piece of gear

Mike Levine

user offline
Mike Levine
1063 posts
AFicionado

4 Posted on 10/17/2014 at 09:08:14Direct link to this post
Although I haven't tried the HD500X, I've used plenty of Line 6 amp-and-effects modelers (both hardware and plug-in based) over the years, and have always been impressed with the quality of their modeling.
Go back to top