Add this product to
  • My former gear
  • My current gear
  • My wishlist
Line 6 POD HD500X
Images
1/862
Line 6 POD HD500X

Thread Thoughts on the Line 6 POD HD500X?

• 3 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 4 followers
1 Thoughts on the Line 6 POD HD500X?
Has anyone messed with it or does anyone here own one? What do you think? Is it just another modeling multi-fx pedal? Or can you really get some cool tones off of it?
I get the hesitance with buying things like this, especially if you're a bit of a peddle hoarder like myself....

However, this POD was easily my favorite guitar-related purchase of all time. If it stopped working or I got robbed, I wouldn't hesitate to replace it right away. SO MUCH FUN when you learn to use it, but I admit it takes some practice and patience to master tone creation. Originally I thought downloading preset effects from others would offer a quick an easy way to get some cool, unique effects, but I actually didn't like the presets I found much. To get the most out of this bad boy you really have to create your own sound that matches your pickups and guitar.
I bought one for my son and he's been playing some really cool riffs with it. One thing that appeals to myself, personally, as a musician/engineer is its capabilities as an audio interface option as well.

If money is no option, I'm a bit of a purist and would splurge on high end amps and pedals. But for those starting out, on a budget, or who just want to try something new, this is really a nice, yet affordable piece of gear
Although I haven't tried the HD500X, I've used plenty of Line 6 amp-and-effects modelers (both hardware and plug-in based) over the years, and have always been impressed with the quality of their modeling.