Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Boy
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Boy
tom808 tom808

« Awesome Delay Pedal »

Published on 07/24/14 at 13:59
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Boy is a analog delay, you have six knobs on top Blend,Gain, Rate, Depth,Feedback and Delay its a good set of knobs to get creative with your sound, you also have the timing subdivisions on the left side name "tap divide" you get to choose 5 note divisions for the metronomic variances. In the mid right side you have "exp mode" to control with you expression pedal you can choose to control the rate, depth, feedback or delay. At the bottom you have the tap button to set your tap tempo and you have your bypass button to turn it on or off. The bypass button has a red light over it to let you know when its active and the tap button flashes green button pulsing the tempo.

The use is very easy and basic, the knobs are accurate I had the pedal over 3 years now and have no problem with it, the tap tempo is always a plus not needing to bend over and control the rate. The pedal is solid made like a tank doesn't wear out. The manual is clear and easy to read which i didn't need to use because everything on the pedal is common sense.

I use this with my fender tele, and the reason I bought this pedal is I needed a analog delay which would be softer compare to my Eventide time factor Delay which is a digital straight in your face type of delay, I actually mix in the two delays together when i feel creative, but for the most part I keep my memory boy blended in the back to give that atmosphere you can always bring up the the blend and the gain to throw it up in your face but analog delays are always a bit warmer and softer, its a good standard for delays. I suggest having analog and digital delay and memory boy does the job for me, I got the pedal used for $120 i believe and that is worth the money hands down, if the pedal broke down on me ,which i doubt it it, i would definitely replace is with a new one.

I think the pedal is excellent for the analog delay. The sound is beautiful super soft and warm you can combine it with many other pedals and the memory boy won't get in the way, the sound is its best trait very clean and soft, thats the reason i fell in love with analog pedals, i tested a lot of other delay pedals like all the boss delays strymon delays …etc and for the price i couldn't beat this one , so i hear its a love or hate thing, i think it comes down to what type of delay you want digital? analog? and what will it be used for, like i said i mainly use it for soft background delay to create a ecosystem in the sound and that works very well.