TC Electronic Flashback Delay
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
fredgouth fredgouth

«  TC has struck again ... »

Publié le 03/26/11 à 16:21
Delay pedal true bypass has the following properties (brace yourself):
- 9 types of delay (2290, analog, tape, lofi, dynamic, mod, pingpong, slap, reverse)
- Time delay up to 6 sec.
- A looper mode (40 sec).
- The famous Toneprint mode, which allows to store a preset created by guitar'z'héros your favorites.
- Stereo input and output (and of course mono) + 1 USB + 1 9Volts DC 100ma
- 1 switch black / dotted eighth / black + dotted eighth.
- 1 tap delay hidden (just hold down the switch and kick his plectrum on the strings).
- Encore 2 Miniswitch under the pedal, and Killdry buffered bypass (that I did not really understand but hey it sounds good).
- Though sturdy metal case with Metallic paint, rather successful.

Simple configuration and especially well thought out. After trying a vintage Artec delay (a little soft and not with Killdry mix thoroughly) and a Memory EH toy (very successful, but I told myself that I would get bored quickly because only one type of delay, but it's my fault I should have guessed), I was about to buy the Nova repeater when I saw the commercial site on our famous Flashback. I initially found it beautiful and more compact but I told myself it would surely not all the features of Nova. Well if my little lady! from the number of subdivisions (black, dotted eighth, etc.) and tone knobs and mod that have disappeared, she does the same (even tapdelay is here!) and even more since Looper 40 seconds (yes sir), 9 types of delays against 6 for the nova. Finally the mode Toneprint "which is a little marketing is not so bad: For the scene, for example, if you need a delay for a specific song, find an approaching what you want among the presets created by our friends the "stars" and set it aside stored in the beast. You can then recall this preset just turning the dial to the position Toneprint practice ...
Manuel succinct but clear

It's TC, the branch and immediately understand that he made the right choice. Ie no difference or change in volume compared to its bypass with a very clean and audible delay behind ... All the delays are excellent (some may be less useful as lofi) and it's always clean. I mainly use the 2290 (based on the legendary TC 2290), analog (similar to the EH Memory toy) and Tape (very warm). The dynamic is also nice: When you play, the level of delay is mitigated, and between sentences, his level increases.
I use the flashback in the effects loop of my ENGL Screamer 50 (1st model 1997) and it works really well: no "dephasing", the natural sound of the amp is really respected (not even need to use mode Killdry the pedal!).
I also tried recording. Plugged directly into my stereo sound card, at the end of the chain after a few pedals (one 9000volts yerasov, notice provisions) and a johnson j-station as a simulated HP. Great result, the stereo offers a lot and I even made a pretty cool discovery: Normally the only effect is the stereo Flashback Pingpong (normal what), but PUTTING THE SWITCH ON SUBDIVISION BLACK + dotted eighth position (down) ALL BECOME THE DELAY STEREO WITH THE BLACK AND THE LEFT dotted eighth RIGHT IN THE MIX! Class, bravo mr TC!
Otherwise the Looper is nice (you can register as many layers as you wish), I have not bought it but it's fun and interesting to work riffs and improvisations.

The pros:
- Ben ... everything. The sound quality TC is there (as usual).
- The number of grouping available in a small box (in the 12th century, engineers would have eventually TC at the stake!). Using guitar of course but why not mix console with stereo inputs.
- Small handy features (tap delay, Killdry, looper, toneprint ...)
The -:
- Slayer of batteries! Duracell new one sketched in 1 hour! (Pedal has also worked with the battery not included so be careful before returning the pedal VAS). Provide a brief power supply (works very well with a universal power supply super U!)

Conclusion: The design super efficient.
145 euros is not cheap, but the flashback is a little pedal ideal which we could have dreamed and is more of TC ... or of 5 stars.