or
Create an account

or

Thread What goes where? Plugging it all together in my studio with a mixer.

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 What goes where? Plugging it all together in my studio with a mixer.
Too many plugs around here...
I have a Yamaha MG10/2 mixer, M-Audio Audiophile USB interface, a pair of monitors, and a Mac G4 running Cubase,

The monitors are plugged into the CR-Out of the mixer (the manual says that's where the monitors go...). The mixer's ST-Out goes to the Audiophile 1/4" in. The mixer's 2TR In goes to the Audiophile's RCA out.

The problems I have are numerous! Basically, I often have problems with all the tracks getting recorded into the one I'm trying to track (sounds like a mixdown).I also don't seem to be able to hear MIDI as I record.

If someone could tell me where things are meant to be plugged in I'd appreciate it!

Cheers!
I see the problem, maybe.

Make sure the 2TR in is only routed to CR not back to ST or anywhere else for that matter. If it gets to ST out it will be re-recorded. Also a feedback loop posibility here.

OOPS you have a MG 10-2 so this routing is not possible. Run the Audiophile RCA outs to the monitors. You will have to monitor thru Cubase. Or if the monitors have several inputs the CR can go to them also.

MIDI is not audio you can't hear it. You should be able to hear the audio from the synth that the midi is playing tho.