or
Create an account

or

Thread Need Help

• 3 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 5 followers
1 Need Help
I very new to music production. I recently purchased a M-Audio mic with pro tools vocal studio, which i come to find out is not the best thing for making beats. I also have Antares Auto Tune EFX, and a Korg Padkontrol midi pad. I was wondering what is a better program for actually making my own beats and will be compatible with my midi control?
Hi koelsch2 !

Choosing a sequencer is a very hard thing. As you are not familiar with all the functionalities of this kind of software, I highly suggest you to give a try to reaper.

You can find it here : https://www.reaper.fm/

This sequencer is really fine for you for 2 reasons :
1. The trial release is not limited, it's up to you to be honest and give the money (60$ it's not very expensive) when you think you are ready to use it fluently.
2. There is a huge community of users that could give you help as you need it (you can find forums on the reaper's site)

If you're just looking for a software to make beats with your padkontrol maybe you should give a try to EZDrummer or Addictive Drums (but these are made to simulate real drums, maybe that's not your kind...)

Hope it will work fine for you bravo

Ps : sorry if sometimes you don't understand my writings, I'm french and try to improve my english !

[ Post last edited on 01/15/2010 at 01:05:02 ]

Hey guys,

Anyone using these "new" Behringer B1030A speakers? How good are they compared to other monitors?
Thanks
Hey Koelsch2...I'd recommend checking out a few different programs for sampling and making beats, including Reason, Ableton, and Fruity Loops...Pro Tools is definitely best for audio and editing, but Pro Tools 8 is a lot more friendly for working with MIDI, so I'd recommend checking that out as well...Hope this helps...