The AES gives Shure the opportunity to present its new KSE1500 Electrostatic Earphone System.
Announced as featuring "unprecedented" Sound Isolating electrostatic earphones and a matched digital-to-analog amplifier, the KSE1500 promises high-fidelity portable audio ans a "simply luxurious sound, wherever you ares. Electrostatic technology is said to provide the fastest, most accurate transient response available, a technology never applied before to Sound Isolating earphones. Each earphone is said to feature a virtually weightless, massless diaphragm surrounded by an electrostatic field generated by back plates that manage charge oscillation, resulting in greater clarity and detail with a high correlation to the source audio.
The KSE1500 comes with a variety of cables, protective cases, adapters, and earphone sleeves for a customized listening experience, plus a wall charger, polishing cloth, and durable bands to secure the amplifier to your mobile device. MSRP is $2999.
- Bias Voltage: 200 V DC
- Output Voltage: ±200 V, Max.
- Output Current: ≤1 mA
- Noise Attenuation: ≤37 dB
- Operating Temperature Range: 0° to 45° C (32° to 113° F)
- Storage Temperature: -18° to 57° C (0° to 135° F)
- Earphones Transducer Type: Electrostatic
- Connector Type: LEMO Connector
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 50 kHz
- Maximum SPL1 kHz at 3% THD: 113 dB SPL
- Net Weight: 44.0 g (1.55 oz)
- Amplifier Bit Depth: 16-Bit / 24-Bit
- Sampling Rate: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: Up to 107 dB A-Weighted
- Adjustable Gain Range: -40 dB to +60 dB
- Limiter: Selectable Analog RMS Limiter
- Equalizer: 4-band Parametric
- USB Input: USB Micro-B Receptacle
- Line-In Input: 3.5 mm (1/8")
- Charging Requirements: USB-powered: 5 V / 0.5 A to 1 A
- Housing: Black Anodized Aluminum
- Net Weight: 182.0 g (6.42oz)
- Dimensions: 111 mm H × 59 mm W × 21 mm D
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Li-Ion
- Nominal Voltage: 3.6 V DC
- Battery Life Analog in (BYPASS EQ mode): up to 10 hours
- Battery Life USB Input Analog in (EQ mode): up to 7 hours
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] Avantone Pro MixPhone MP1 Avantone Pro presents a "Vari-Voice" designed to adapt to all situations, either in the studio, live, for DJing or for audiophiles.
- [MUSIKMESSE] AKG K872 AKG presents the K872 headphone, a new model which claims to bring unprecedented accuracy for studio production and live sound engineering.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Rupert Neve Designs RNHP Rupert Neve Designs has introduced the RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier.