Add this product to
  • My former gear
  • My current gear
  • My wishlist
M-Audio Delta 1010LT
Images
1/124
M-Audio Delta 1010LT

Thread M-Audio Delta 1010LT - SPDIF and OUTPUT?

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 M-Audio Delta 1010LT - SPDIF and OUTPUT?
Hello! I am new here - I have been making music for a while now - however, only recently I have purchase some good equipment, lol.

Currently, I am making drum sequences on Reason 3.0 with Reason Drum Kits 2.0 (its great, really great).
I then, will use cubase SX 3 and record a guitar channel, aswell as the reason drums as another channel.

Here is my problem, I have a SPDIF connection going into the card from my Boss GT-8 Guitar effects processor, I can hear the sounds perfectly fine when I select it on the Delta Mixer. BUT, I cannot hear any sounds coming from the PC! This means, I cannot play to a click track (vitally important) and I cannot hear drums, or anything coming from any source on the PC.
It is as if I can only listen to the SPDIF and PC sound outputs when I select one or the other, not both at the same time (which I want).

The manual is pretty confusing to me... If you guys have a bit of experience in this, this will be very much appreciated.

The card and everything works perfectly, All sounds work and all that... but the problem is having the spdif AND the output from the PC coming through the speakers at the same time... It is probably something stupid, but I certainly hope that this card can manage playing two audio sources at the same time!! I mean, my on-board card can play a line in source, and the PC audio at the same time - is there something taxing about spdif that it can only run on its own?

Thanks for the help on this!! I really need it.
why don't you just monitor through cubase?
so NOBODY knows about this??

I have no idea what to do with spdif AND have an audio output from the pc at the same time. it seems that on the m audio mixer, you select spdif to enable it, but it dissables the audio from other areas, only outputting the spdif...

Well, I will have to buy some more cables and just work off of a line in - what a waste of cash! I bought a spdif cable especially...
I could monitor through cubase - however, without the ability to hear anything BUT the spdif sound - I cannot hear the click track, which makes making a live recording to an exact tempo a real difficult ordeal.

HOWEVER! I have finally sorted it, with hours of tweaking, messing about and all that - Its all to do with the mixer, you should assing everything to be through the monitor, not on wave 1/2. And also you need to scroll to the spdif menu, and increase the volume (easy as that, knew it was something simple).

The menu is sort of simple, but then also a bit unintuitive, The yellow volume levels indicate a signal, but the left and right levels actually make the sound come out...
Also, its not exactly clear that you could actually scroll to see more inputs and outputs..

Well - problem solved! And it was very simple... and I figured it out ;) hehe