AKG C 3000
AKG C 3000

Large diaphragm condenser microphone from AKG belonging to the C 3000 series.

damaye damaye
Publié le 02/12/10 à 00:40
It is a multi-purpose condenser microphone for use with 48V phantom power

Its frequency response is wide (20Hz-20Khz). It is a micro relatively precise and clear, very little noise.

It has small switches to configure its directivity, cut down, and a switch-10dB

I have acquired to ... 1995.

I used a lot of microphones not terrible before that, and so initially I quite enjoyed.

Its characteristic I like most is that he has a very low background noise. Quiet night in the countryside, pushing earnings to fund and with several layers of amplifications can capture with fidelity sounds very distant (conversations, animals ...).
I also used one day to successfully raise the noise level of a play on Live, players can not speak loud enough or well run their voice. It was complicated because it hangs very quickly the sound, but within reason it worked and the audience could understand the dialogue ...

What I like least in the microphone:
1 - bass / basses are muddy, rough, relatively unpleasant
2 - acute are aggressive and very little musical
3 - the whole tone is very neutral, not at all suitable for a recording arts

The price was average value at the time, always given by the average quality of the microphone.

It's a microphone that I use a long time, and I just want to reuse. For the same price it was a T-bone SCT2000 which despite its flaws very clearly outperforms the AKG C3000.