JZ launches a mic for low budget home studios
JZ Microphones decided to extend its condenser microphone offer to low budget home studios with the J Series.
First model in the JZ Microphones J Series, the J1 is a condenser microphone that uses a new capsule based on the JZ Golden Drop patented technology.
Like the other microphones, the J1 is hand built in Latvia.
- Condenser pressure gradient microphone
- Cardioid polar pattern
- 21mm diaphragm
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output impedance: 50 Ohms
- Sensitivity > 22mV/Pa (1kHz / 1k Ohms loaded)
- Equivalent noise level: 6dB A-weighted
- Signal/Noise ratio: 88dB A-weighted
- Max SPL: 134dB (1k Ohms / 0.5% THD)
- Built-in amp dynamic range: 130dB
- +48V phantom power required
The J1 microphone ships with a shockmount. It will be available starting July 1st for the US public price of $399. More info at www.jzmic.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.