Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Standard

LP-Shaped Guitar from Epiphone belonging to the Les Paul series.

Publié le 11/03/10 à 16:23
The Epiphone Les Paul Standard is a nice take on the classic LP guitar, under the Epiphone name and aimed at those who might not be able to afford a Gibson Les Paul. It’s got all of the same features and make up that you’ll find on a Gibson Les Paul Standard, but it’s made of lesser parts and I don’t believe it’s made in America. The guitar has dual humbucker pick ups, each with their own independent volume and tone controls and a three way selector switch for choosing between the pick ups or blending the two of them together. This is a pretty standard electric guitar configuration, which the Les Paul has impacted no doubt. I don’t really know what kinds of woods this guitar is made out of, but it doesn’t feel incredibly cheap unless you compare it directly to a Gibson LP.

Playing the Epiphone Les Paul Standard is no trouble at all. The neck is pretty round as you’ll find with most Les Pauls, although I can’t say that this one feels as fluid as a Gibson Les Paul in my opinion. Controlling your sound with the pick ups is really easy, as anyone who has ever had an electric guitar should be able to use this no problem. I don’t think that a manual is necessary for this guitar, although I haven’t seen one myself.

The Epiphone Les Paul Standard absolutely has the sound of a true Les Paul. I haven’t had a chance to shoot out this guitar and a Gibson Les Paul, as it’s been a while since I’ve played this guitar. A friend of mine that I grew up playing up with has this guitar, so it was always around and I was always playing it, but never really did any recording with it. It’s certainly going to give you that creamy Les Paul sound, which anyone who has ever used one before will tell you works incredibly well for both rhythm and lead parts. I’d be curious to see how the sound of this stacked up against a Gibson Les Paul Standard, but from what I can tell it’s going to be closer than you think.

The Epiphone Les Paul Standard is a great way for beginning and intermediate guitar players to get a great axe at a great price. If you’ve only been playing a short while and are looking for a guitar to bring you up a notch without having to spend the money it would take to get a full on Gibson, the Epiphone Les Paul Standard is the perfect guitar. While some will say that this is cheaply made and all that, which I guess it is compared to the Gibson version, this is no doubt a bona fide electric guitar.