or
Create an account

or

Thread Problems with getting midi-signals from my old keyboard to Reason 3.0!

• 6 replies
  • 7 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Problems with getting midi-signals from my old keyboard to Reason 3.0!
Hi!

I'm a newbie armed with Reason 3.0, with great musical enthusiasm and I have big ambitions to make music. The following kind of prevents me from even beginning:
I have a Roland E-38 keyboard with MIDI, and I recently bought a cable to connect the MIDI-out plug in my keyboard into my computers USB portal, but it was very hard for me to establish connection...
I looked for help in the Help-section in Reason, but when following the instructions (my Roland keyboard wasn't on the list of midi-keyboards under Preferences->Control surfaces and keyboards, so when clicking on "Add" I was instructed to choose "Other" under "Manufacturer") there weren't any results!! :( No connection at all!

ISN'T THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO (besides buying a midi-keyboard)???

Helphelphelphelphelphelphelp!!!
same problem...

I have reson 3.0 and a CME UF5 Keyboard... the drivers are installed and I cant get reason to find it. Its doing my head in I hope someone can help
I`m having the same problem with an old Kawai keyboard
i bought a Midi-Usb interface but my keyboard doesn`t appear
in the reason device window, I click "add" but doesn`t work
please heeeelp me.
i have a fatar midi keyboard and a motu ultralite and reason 2.5 or 3 does not show activity when keys are pressed. It works in Garageband so I must not have a setting correct.
im in the same boat but i keep on getting in the advance midi settings i drop down box and select USB AUDIO DEVICE it tells me that '' that port me in use with another programme . I have noting else running ... STUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same story!!! I've tried a Roland MP-500 digital piano with midi ins/outs and a Roland A-33 midi keyboard, both of which are at least 5 years old. I'm using the Turtle Beach midi to USB cable and attempting to get midi signal in Reason 3.0 and I CANNOT!!! I have selected the midi cable (which does appear in the Reason Preferences drop down) but it does not detect the keyboard, and I receive no signal. Has anyone found a solution to this?! Hellllp?
i did have this problem but with my whole computer not finding my midi keyboard device.
So what i did was just simply took all the midi cables out, turned the keyboard off, then turned the keyboard on again, and plugged the cables back in. Then it recognised my midi keyboard and it worked fine. Just have a couple of recording problems now and i think you also need to have all the midi cables lights on on the little bit i the middle which has the lights. I can record with the USB light on and the midi in light on.

hope this helps,

Whipped