Parker Guitars Fly Deluxe
Parker Guitars Fly Deluxe
heads on fire heads on fire

« Incredible guitar. 10! »

Published on 10/20/11 at 23:22
USA manufactured
Poplar body, basswood neck
Parker carbon-fiber composite fingerboard with 10 to 13 graduated conical radius
Parker carbon-fiber composite backing (for extra strength, since the guitar is so light)
Sperzel locking tuners
Stainless steel frets
Parker tremolo bridge
Fishman active preamp with piezo
Dimarzio humbuckers
Piezo Tone
3-way switch for Magnetic/Mag and Piezo/Piezo
3-way switch for Neck/Neck and Bridge/Bridge Magnetic pickups
weighs 4.5-5 pounds

This guitar is one of the most well designed instruments on this or any other planet. The Fly Deluxe has a neck that is made of pure perfection - it fits my hands perfectly, but everyone else that plays my guitars (I have a few) raves about the neck also!

The stainless steel frets (won't wear out!) make notes very clear and articulate, even in the most distorted and most complex jazz chords. T

The vibrato unit is so smooth - it is on a ball bearing system, not a knife edge.

It also stays in tune very well with the locking tuners. After my strings are properly stretched, I don't have to adjust the tuning for weeks sometimes!

The guitar is also incredibly light, so it feels great for gigs.

Pickups are smooth, articulate, and versatile - I can chicken pick, comp jazz, shred, and everything in between. The piezo is a great addition, as I can get great acoustic tones out of it, and I can also blend those tones with the magnetic pickups. It will run stereo or mono, which is a nice bonus.

The guitar overall is bright. I prefer guitars to be bright when the tone knob is full up, because I can always attenuate high end by rolling that tone knob back a bit. I can get so many good tones out of this axe, it's ridiculous.

I am unequivocally a Parker fan. I love their guitars, have owned 11 of them, and I will keep getting more. They are superb works of art, and they play like a dream, sound like a dream, and don't hurt my shoulder or back. They will do anything and everything and make you stand out at your gigs! Perfect 10 all across the board.