PSP Audioware VintageWarmer 2
PSP Audioware VintageWarmer 2
Publié le 08/03/11 à 14:01
PSP Audioware's VintageWarmer 2 is an analog saturation plug-in that has a variety of uses. I only recently starting using the Vintage Warmer 2 plug-in as previously I only had experience with the original one. The plug-in isn't free but it can be had for a rather low price and is downloadable straight from PSP's website. It's not a hard process to get this up and installed so I wouldn't worry about that much at all - just make sure you've got a compatible system, although it will run on both Mac and PC systems and in just about every plug-in format you can think of. The interface of Vintage Warmer 2 has a lot going on, but isn't tough to break down. When you buy the Vintage Warmer 2, you get the full plug-in plus the original version and a Micro Warmer version. The main plug-in has got knobs for controlling the overall output drive, low and high EQ control, a knee compressor with speed and release controls, as well as options for using it as a hard limiter. I haven't had a look at the manual for Vintage Warmer and don't expect to be needing it anytime soon.

In recent times I've been using the PSP Audioware VintageWarmer 2 on the master buss only, but I've also used it for mixing, and either way my system has been able to handle it. It doesn't seem like it will take up too much of your processing power to begin with, but of course it helps to have a stable system. I've got Pro Tools 9 running on a Mac Book Pro that has a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 GB of RAM, but I've also used it on other systems without problems. I'd be surprised if anyone had issues related to performance with this one...

Those in the market for an analog saturation tool to warm up your digital recording need to check out PSP Audioware's VintageWarmer 2. While it's not as good as the Crane Song Phoenix bundle, it's still very good and is great for both mixing and mastering. It will also cost you considerably less than Phoenix. In my opinion, no plug-in is like using real analog gear, but in the absence of having that type of gear, Vintage Warmer will take you a long way. Definitely check out the demo to get an idea of what I'm talking about.