Akai Professional MPD24
Akai Professional MPD24

PAD Controller from Akai Professional belonging to the MPD series.

vincislex vincislex

«  Essential with a soft »

Publié le 02/24/11 à 04:40
For how long have you been using it?

I bought ± 1yr ago, on a whim to play with FXPansion GURU (which I finally did not buy). Then I discovered Ableton Live Intro ... and I started to use. Too enchanted by the pair Live - Akai ... I then bought a MacBook Pro 13 "to rotate smoothly Live. Since then, I created rhythms and I pilot the software with the MPD 24.

Did you try many other models before getting this one?

No. On a whim ... Akai has a good reputation with its series MPC ... and it was within my budget.

What thing do you like most/least about it?

The "Plus".

- Robustness
- Continued. The big "feet" rubber block out the MPD on the desktop ...
- The "presets" for many publishers are practical
- Midi In and Midi Out ... Used to connect a MIDI keyboard and use that as an MPD 24 midi interface ...
- Pads ... Certainly they seem hard to top ... but it can really refine the game especially percussive sounds ...
- The 6 sliders, 8 knobs, the transport bar ... can forget the Mac keyboard and mouse and play on the "hardware" ...

The "Minus"

- Editing of presets ... Since we can do "what we want," Ben is complex to modify
- Saving presets. Ben would have preferred just a save button ... Is "surfing" in the menus ...
- The pads are tough ... Well you still have "hit" ... which requires a work plan very stable ... It makes noise, so. I thought I could do this in my living room ... I quickly turned my girlfriend into my studio so the "shock" was annoying (you can understand)
What is your opinion about the value for the price?

Excellent! So far I was quite hesitant about the idea of making music on computer ... Thanks to Live and the MPD 24 and of course the Mac ... disappears and the computer uses very little mouse ... It really plays with the hardware ... a beautiful cross two worlds.

Well, he misses a footswitch input ... but it exists on the MPD-32 ... Aker sells well be the one.
Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice? ... Yes of course, whatever I may point me to the PK-25 ... since there is a keyboard of 25 notes ... It would allow me to repeat this unit to control Live, play some keyboard issues ... I told you at the intro, I bought on a whim ... Since then, I completed my equipment and the MPK-25 is more in my use (but not the same price) ...