Line 6 EX-1 Expression Pedal
Line 6 EX-1 Expression Pedal
nickname009 nickname009
Published on 02/26/12 at 02:55
I currently have two of these to maximize the use of my m9. It’s a pretty good looking pedal and isn’t too costly either. It also comes with a little patch cord to connect with, which is nice, except it’s a very very cheap cord with plastic casing and one of them broke on impact while still in its original box. Weird. But I have plenty of patch cables hanging around so it’s okay, sort of.
As for the pedal, I like the size it’s not as big as the boss one as far as I know and it’s quite smooth when using it. Can’t really complain about that. But you can kind of tell it’s cheaply made, the input jack ring is plastic, and I know that’s going to break or crack some day, it’s bound to. There’s also an output label on the side but it’s plugged with a plastic piece. As if this used to be another type of pedal (volume pedal maybe?) and they just simply plugged up the input part and started selling this as an expression pedal. So it’s definitely somewhat of a cheap-ish pedal.

However, in terms of use, I haven’t had any problems with it so far. I am just seriously hoping that in the long run this will last. Though I haven’t heard of anybody actually having any problems with these expression pedals so far. I’m just crossing my fingers hoping that I don’t have too much bad luck with these pedals. I’m glad I got two, I did originally intend to use both at the same time but since I only really use one foot at a time 2 is not really necessary, and the 2nd one is now a spare in case the first breaks down somehow.

Overally it’s a cheap expression pedal. There are better ones out there and I’d recommend those if you have the extra cash to spend. These are nothing but decent.