[Musikmesse] Brainworx Vertigo VSM-3
Plugin Alliance will be at Musikmesse tomorrow to introduce four new plug-ins, including the Vertigo VSM-3 developed by Brainworx.
The new Brainworx Vertigo VSM-3 is modeled on the VSM-2 Mix Satellite hardware. It is designed to add saturation and distortion no any audio track, bus and main outputs, with an option that allows for instantiating the plug-in on multiple busses and channels.
The plug-in also adds features that were not available on the original device, such as a wet/dry control for the THD Mixer, the ability to run the Crusher and Blender in parallel or in series, or solo them separately or together.
- Two independent virtual circuits for two kinds of analog-sounding coloration, ranging from subtle saturation to berserk distortion
- Pure 2nd Harmonic FET Crusher for warm, rich, saturation or distortion
- Pure 3rd Harmonic Zener Blender for bright, clear, exciter-like saturation or distortion
- Crusher and Blender can operate in parallel or serial configuration
- Stereo and M/S Decoding and Encoding for each circuit allows processing of entire stereo signal, or Mid or Side channels only
- Solo for auditioning Crusher and/or Blender in isolation
- AFL Solo for isolating Mid and Side outputs for control listening
- THD Mixer control for combining and balancing Crusher and Blender
- Stereo, mono and multi-channel (5.1 / 7.1) operation
- Saturation and distortion can be applied to specific signal frequency ranges
- Saturation and distortion can be applied with soft and hard clipping
- Input Filter allows you to choose to which frequencies you want to apply the harmonics. Six frequency ranges are available: 10 Hz to 120 Hz, 120 Hz to 1.5 Hz, 800 Hz to 4 kHz, 4 kHz to 20 kHz and Full which goes from 120 Hz to 20 kHz
- ‘Shape’ knob allows for gentle filtering of high-order harmonics
The Vertigo VSM-3 is a VST2/3, AU, AAX Native and DSP, AudioSuite and RTAS plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows. It is available for $299 and you can download a trial version from plugin-alliance.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Over 150 free software tools to make music Making music with your computer when you don't have a penny is possible. And to prove our point here you have 150+ free software tools many of which don't have anything to envy their paid counterparts.