Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Multi 2.0, a new version of their multiple tracks spectrum analyzer.
Blue Cat’s FreqAnalyst Multi is a tool that enables the visualization of the spectrum of multiple instances on a single screen in order to compare them or detect overlaps or conflicts. This new version comes with a redesigned user interface, a new presets manager, new MIDI and automation mapping capabilities, many new presets, Windows AAX support, multiple display sizes, and more (details below).
The plug-in is available alone or as part of Blue Cat’s Analysis Pack, the company’s audio analysis solution. New customers can purchase both the analysis plug-in and its associated bundle with 15% off until the end of the month. Customers who recently purchased the plug-in will receive the upgrade for free, and others can upgrade to the new version for a small fee. Demo versions can be downloaded on www.bluecataudio.com, in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats (32 and 64-bit).
What’s new in Blue Cat’s FreqAnalyst Multi 2.0:
New customizable user interface:
- Show/hide what you need
- Curves names can now be displayed on the graph (overlay)
- Single or multiple displays modes
- Multiple display sizes
- Animated transitions
- All instances can now be forced to synchronize
New integrated presets manager:
- Load/save presets from the plug-in’s user interface
- Organize presets with folders
- Customize the default preset
- Exchange presets
Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter
Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface
AAX plug-in format is now also supported on Windows (Pro Tools 10.2 required)
- Improved note display (now uses a +/-50 value for cents)
- Improved Graph rulers display when zoomed
- Routing matrix automatically displayed when opening the plug-in for the first time for easier setup
- New presets to make setup easier
- Plug-in name has been shortened for a clearer display in mixer view for most host applications
- Changed the default VST install path on Windows
- License is now shared between plug-ins types (register only once for all formats)
- Added new presets
- Improved value display in fine edit window
Annouced ptimizations and performance improvements:
- Reduced VST plug-in loading time
- Improved parameters precision (now stored as 64-bit)
- More compact presets format (uses less space and loads faster)
- Smaller binaries on Mac (dropped PowerPC support)
- Fixed presets-related crashes in Cubase on Mac
- Fixed user interface display issues in Wavelab on Mac
- Fixed keyboard stealing issue in Digital Performer 7 on Mac
- AAX/RTAS on Mac: Fixed audio engine freeze or error issue with Pro Tools on some Mac configurations
- Intel Mac running Mac OS X Lion (10.7), Snow Leopard (10.6), or Leopard (10.5)
- PC running Windows 7, Vista or XP.
Blue Cat’s FreqAnalyst Multi 2: 67 EUR or $84 (instead of 79 EUR or $99)
Upgrade from Blue Cat’s FreqAnalyst Multi 1: 15 EUR or $19
Blue Cat’s Analysis Pack: 194 EUR or $254 (instead of 229 EUR or $299)
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Over 150 free software tools to make music Making music with your computer when you don't have a penny is possible. And to prove our point here you have 150+ free software tools many of which don't have anything to envy their paid counterparts.