Waves CLA Guitars
Waves CLA Guitars

Software channel strip from Waves belonging to the CLA series.

Publié le 10/19/10 à 13:54
The Waves Ltd. CLA Guitars plug-in is one that's part of the CLA Collection of plug-ins designed in tandem with famed engineer/mixer Chris Lord-Alge. It cannot be purchased outside of this bundle, unless you get a larger bundle of plug-ins like the Waves Complete bundle, which includes all of the plug-ins that Waves has to offer. Regardless of what bundle you get this plug-in in, you'll be installing it all at once, which should be a straight forward, step by step process. Using the plug-in is also quite straight forward, as it consists of a series of sliders for controlling the different parameters. These include bass and treble control, compression, reverb, delay, and pitch. It also has input and output leveling sliders. Each of the parameter sliders also have a few different modes from choosing different degrees and modes of the given effect. In addition it also has a re-amplify setting which is kind of an amp modeling effect, giving you three different modes to choose from to further enhance your sound. This is all pretty easy to use, so I don't believe that the assistance of the manual is necessary.

I'm running the Waves Ltd. CLA Guitars and the Waves Complete bundle on my home recording rig, which is Pro Tools LE based. I'm running everything on a Mac Book Pro that has a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 GB of RAM. Pro Tools LE is running with a Digi 002R audio interface and I'm running version number 8 of the software. This has been a very stable system for me over the last few years, and I can't say that I've had any issues running this plug-in here.

While I don't find myself using the Waves Ltd. CLA Guitars plug-in as much as I do some of the others in the Chris Lord-Alge (CLA) bundle, it's still a very useful plug-in for guitars. It's basically a one stop shop for in the box guitar processing, using high quality effects and overall sounds. All of the sounds on here are pretty realistic, but I'd say that I like using it best as an overall plug-in, not necessarily singling out any one effect here as I believe they work well in tandem rather than separately. If I'm doing a full on mix I'll use outboard gear when possible, but for getting some quick and easy guitar tones, the CLA Guitars plug-in has everything you need.