Abbey Road/Waves REDD
Waves has announced the release of its new Abbey Road REDD Consoles plug-in.
Waves recreated Abbey Road's original REDD desks: The REDD.17 which still belongs to Abbey Road Studios, and the REDD.37 console now owned by Lenny Kravitz.
- Based on the REDD.17, REDD.37 and REDD.51 consoles.
- Classic British sound of the 1960s.
- Continuous EQ controls.
- Developed in association with Abbey Road Studios.
- Amp Type determines the type of amplifier. (REDD .37-.51 only).
- Channel Select determines the channel configuration.
- Bass Lift controls the 9 dB low shelf that compensates for low frequency loss caused by using condenser microphones in a Figure 8 configuration.
- EQ Select toggles between Classic and Pop EQ types. The Classic treble EQ features a shelf boost or cut at 10 kHz; Pop EQ is a peak boost centered around 5 kHz, with a shelf cut centered at 10 kHz. Both Pop and Classic settings feature a continuous 10 dB of boost or cut at 100 Hz. (REDD .37-.51 only).
- Tone High controls high shelf equalization.
- Tone Low controls low shelf equalization.
- Monitor controls the source of the monitor output.
- Spread selects stereo processing mode. (Stereo component only).
- Drive controls the amount of drive added to the signal. Lower values result in a cleaner sound; higher values result in a more distorted sound.
- Analog controls the level of modeled noise and the hum.
- Output controls the output level of the signal.
- VU Meters display output VU readings.
Pricing & Availability:
REDD has an MSRP of $349 but is currently available for the introductory price of $199 for 32- and 64-bit Windows and Mac OS X in VST, VST3, AU and RTAS plug-in formats.
REDD.17 and REDD.37-.51 are Native and SoundGrid compatible. REDD is available separately as well as in Waves Mercury, SoundGrid Pro and SoundGrid SD7 Pro bundles.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Softube Saturation Knob PreSonus announces that Studio One Producer 2.5 and Studio One Professional 2.5 users can now download a free copy of the Saturation Knob plug-in.
- PreSonus Studio One 2.5 PreSonus announces the release of Studio One 2.5, a major update to the company's Studio One 2 DAW.
- Apogee MiC & Jam iOS Compatibility Apogee announces that the MiC and JAM are now compatible with various Apple products when used with Apple’s Lightning to 30-pin adapter.