Waves SSL 4000 Collection
Waves SSL 4000 Collection

Software channel strip from Waves belonging to the SSL series.

entoine entoine
Published on 03/09/06 at 14:11
Value For Money : Poor
Installation: carefree ultimately sufficiently heavy (iLok authorization on key)
incompatibility: no particular problem set by the fact that with a double notch use, the interface is not displayed properly qd plugin is open on the secondary screen. (For all three bundle of plugins)

Computer requirements: P4 2.8GHz C, 2 UAD1, RME Fireface, cubase SX3.1
nickel operation set by configuration problem with double notch above cit.
no problem of stablilit. The plugins use fewer resources and have a latency of only one sample.

I use these plugins since BMD was released ...
I finally bought the bundle APRS've tried intensively for a week.
I've never worked on an SSL console, but for me these plugins are a working tool rel ... what I like:
--- SOUND! hyper effective treatments, I find that the EQ sounds annalogique trs (elsewhere in analog mode ON, it gnre of breath according to qualisation, trs low but I think mine nothing was added to the formulation ism and adds life to the sound), the high pass filters and low pass trs are effective. The gate on the channel strip is fabulous for me, I opened the plugin on a bass drum track and loads the preset "Kick Drum" and I just hallucinated the sound.
--- Interface (GUI), for me normment account, it seems that the hardware takes over, heals and trs trs clear. There is no display of the curve qualisation
countered for EQ plugins qualisation bcp and that's good, because of a m'vite to be influenced by what I see than by what I hear!
--- Little to consumption in terms of resources. and a latency of only one sample

what I like least: the price that I would levpour enlve a canvas), by the way I would not have to purchase the bundle if I had not found MOITI prices on the net.

conclusion. I possde UAD1 the plugins which are fabulous, the bundle has qd t even for me a "must have" at least for mixing rock. I think we will not either by the Neve plugins we prpare Universal Audio ;-) but that will not donns not my opinion.