[NAMM] Steve Lukather signs a Toneconcepts pedal
Toneconepts, a new Canadian company, debuts at NAMM 2015 with a preamp/boost pedal signed by Toto guitarist Steve Lukather.
The Luke is based on the very first preamp/boost pedal for guitar, the Distillery, launched a few months ago by Toronto-based manufacturer Toneconcepts.
The stompbox has an hexagonal shape and offers up to 20dB of boost and multiple controls to shape the sound:
- Guts enables an additional gain stage
- Bleed is a passive tone control describes as subtle
- Shape footswitch that activates an EQ filter
- Contour allows for choosing the filter frequency (more highs when turned counterclockwise)
- Edge controls the Q (or « band-pass shape »)
The pedal also includes a second bypass footswitch and is powered by a 9V battery or adapter.
The Luke will be available in March in a limited edition of 100 pedals for the price of $269. More info about Toneconcepts and The Luke at www.toneconcepts.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.