or
Create an account

or

Thread Edirol FA-101 with Cubase SX3 - low record volume

• 5 replies
  • 5 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Edirol FA-101 with Cubase SX3 - low record volume
Hi does anyone else use the Edirol FA-101 firewire Audio interface with Cubase SX3?
Everything works really well, including recording MIDI, but when I try to record using a microphone I get a very weak volume (so it can hardly be heard on playback) and sometimes it is both weak and distorted (despite the levels saying it is not overloaded). I've got input volumes as high as possible but still get a very weak signal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I sorted the problem with the inputs 3 to 8 on the FA 101.
It's not really a problem, more of an oversight....!
The inputs 3 to 8 do not correspond with the selected input channel.
Check the instruction manual page 22 in mine, Driver settings, about input and output devices.
for Input 1 & 2 select Edirol FA101 in 1
Input 3 & 4 select Edirol FA101 in 2
Input 5 & 6 select Edirol FA101 in 3
Input 7 & 8 select Edirol FA101 in 4
Input 9 & 10 select Edirol Fa101 in 5

Hope this helps you out!

%1$s a écrit [quote=lowbruce]Hi does anyone else use the Edirol FA-101 firewire Audio interface with Cubase SX3?
Everything works really well, including recording MIDI, but when I try to record using a microphone I get a very weak volume (so it can hardly be heard on playback) and sometimes it is both weak and distorted (despite the levels saying it is not overloaded). I've got input volumes as high as possible but still get a very weak signal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I heard there is a tweak to drivers settings, and you can find that in the User manual, i just got the FA-101 and i am having problems recording, i am using cubase SX vr 2 and can't get signal from Input 3,4,5,etc, only input 1 and 2 and Midi
i went trough the settings i thing i get all fine, but maybe i miss something.
i tried with Sonar 6 and it worse[/quote]
Let me know if you find a solution to this problem with the rear inputs 3 to 6 & 7 & 8. Mine is doing exactly the same. I have the same Edirol FA101 but using cakewalk pro audio 9. Does the driver automatically use ASIO or WDM? Cos when I was installing it I think I set mine to WDM but I don't know how to change it to ASIO if it doesn't pick it up automatically.
Hey guys, I will attempt to answer all of your questions. To start, id like to say I had allot of problems with the Fa-101 from the beggining, but have since learned to fix one by one, and now I run it problem free. The first thing I had problems with was the cracking and poping. To make a long story and lots of cussing Edirol out short, I bought a Monster surge protector which mainly took out my issues with cracking and poping. Also, if your having that issue, you probablly do NOT need a TI(Texas Instruments) chipset as your firewire adaptor, all you need to do is defragment your harddrives regularly with O&O defrag (GREAT!! IT TOTALLY TOOK OUT CRACKLING ISSUES) And also keep remember to set ur latency descently high (512 or in the middle). The FA-101 auto locks on to ASIO as its default driver. That means, that ASIO will be your main Audio driver which is good. And to answer lion2000's question, the FA-101 needs to be set up in Cubase in order for the last set of inputs (3-10) to show up. You can do this by going into your Cubase VST connections, and manually adding I/O's which will be crake, all you do is add 4 or 5 sets of I/O's and they will auto map (Had the same issue til I messed with cubase sx3 and figured it out. Id save a preset of it if I were you, sometimes when working on older projects it goes back to the stanrard 1-2 I/O) And the answer the other question, the Edirol preamps are really low SNR but do not have ALLOT of headroom before distortion, anthough they are more than descent. I have never had that issue with my preamps. Maybe look at your microphone, most probably there is a PAD on (move it to 0 dB pad) that way it wont attenuate the signal by as much as 20dB (which is allot). Also, make sure that your microphone has a good cable, and that if Phantom power (48 Volts) is needed, to turn that on in the bac of the FA-101. I hope this works out for you guys, and if you have any more questions, feel free to email me. Dannycurtean@yahoo.com or post a reply on here for the world to see :D

%1$s a écrit Hi does anyone else use the Edirol FA-101 firewire Audio interface with Cubase SX3?

I heard there is a tweak to drivers settings, and you can find that in the User manual, i just got the FA-101 and i am having problems recording, i am using cubase SX vr 2 and can't get signal from Input 3,4,5,etc, only input 1 and 2 and Midi
i went trough the settings i thing i get all fine, but maybe i miss something.
i tried with Sonar 6 and it worse
hey i just set up cubase sx3 in my pc , using a delta66 along with m-audio midisport2x2 . i am having trouble setting up the latency in the device set up along with that when im trying to create a track i strike a note on my controller but it does not sync on time tempo is right , any sugestions